Game Freak answers if Gumshoos is based on Trump or not

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Gumshoos shocked the world when it was first unveiled in Pokemon Sun and Moon some years ago, and a lot of people thought it was a reference to Trump since the games were released around the time he went into power.

kKJnhDC.png

Game Freak finally released a statement clearing up any confusion people might have on the matter.

Basically, the Pokemon is not based on Trump, but rather an American appearance:
Gen 7 Producer said:
It's a very American-centric question I think, and actually a lot of people sent me comparison photos on Twitter pointing out the resemblance... We were really surprised when we saw all those photos. I can see why people would think it would look similar, especially the hair style... But we started designing this Pokemon a long time ago, and we didn't have any intention to make it look like Donald Trump.
What do you guys think? :eyes:

Yeah the hair is right but the body detail and color is all wrong. If they really wanted a Trump like character they would've did it when they had Gen 3-5 and he would've been some NPC like Palmer or Morimoto with a different name since they wouldn't want any legal trouble.

That picture makes it look like Trump, but every other picture I've seen looks nothing like him.
If anything, I'd say the hair on Gumshoos reminds me more of the regent hairstyle you see delinquents sport in Japan. Trump's hair isn't so slicked back.

If anything, I'd say the hair on Gumshoos reminds me more of the regent hairstyle you see delinquents sport in Japan.
Are you thinking anime or real life?

ffabaa09ab696337f2d3d4f742be6e3b.jpg

Are you thinking anime or real life?

Anime, but some people still sport the hairstyle for fun.

18325b550535325ea8be9b0d4382b7db.jpg

Back