Game Revivals for NX?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
Since the NX is coming out this year, I wonder, if it is a console, will older games from Nintendo's past be revitalized? I'd like to see some new games that haven't been touched in a while. Like Mole Mania on the Gameboy. Another game I'd want a sequel to is Gargoyle's Quest. I think Nintendo and Capcom are in good terms right now, so why not attract older gamers with a new Gargoyle's Quest game? And though I've never played it, the NX needs a new StarTropics game. It's one of Nintendo's older RPG series that needs a comeback. There were only two games for it on NES. So, I think the new generation needs to know about StarTropics. The last game I think needs to be revived is Earthworm Jim. It had funny characters, solid gameplay, and cartoony visuals. I enjoy playing the first game, and I wish there was a modern sequel. It could take the route of DuckTales: Remastered and make the new game with hand-drawn sprites and updating the game's visuals and sound. But I would want a completely NEW game, not a remake. Because I feel Jim's controls could really make good levels and design. We could even get Dan Castelleneta to return as Jim. So, which retro title should make a comeback to the NX?

Golden Sun!

At this point, any game could make a revival. There are some games for the 3DS and Wii U that in one way or the other, a revival of some past game. The NX will surely (and hopefully) have revivals. Maybe it might not be the exact same franchise or series or perhaps the gameplay can be entirely changed though.

I don't know if bringing back old games is something Nintendo is thoroughly invested in doing at the moment. It would make sense, though. If I had to say one game, I'd say F-Zero. Despite Fast Racing Neo, people still want to see a modern F-Zero game, and I'm right there with them! Reviving such a fast franchise could easily show off what the NX is capable of in terms of hardware.

Back