Gameboy Advanced SP

• Thread starter Sharon
  • Start date
Sharon

Sharon

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Back when I was in middle school a friend of mine let me borrow his Gameboy Advanced SP, I never did finish Final Fantasy Origins on there. I sometimes find myself thinking I should just buy it for the heck of it and finish the game haha

That alone is not enough for me to justify hunting it down on Amazon or eBay though.

What games do you guys recommend playing on the Gameboy Advanced SP?

Like the GBA, but this time with actual backlighting, and in laptop style! xD

I had one, and I loved it, but I played it so much, sadly. xD

Much better than the normal GBA, by far.

I had one, I used to play it all the time (Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, mostly). In fact, I saw it the other day when I was cleaning out some stuff. I can't remember what I did with it though.

I pulled the trigger you guys...! Yes, I am now a proud owner of the Gameboy Advanced SP again! Currently I am playing the game I've been waiting to play all this time, Final Fantasy Tactics.

Reactions: 2 people
I loved my GBA SP a lot, got one for Christmas and it was the NES skinned one. It was awesome and played a bunch of classic final fantasy games and other games on it.

The blue Game Boy Advance SP was my first game system ever. I still have it, but it has teeth marks on it (Which was caused by me when I got mad at a game.) and the R button doesn't work anymore. Good thing my DS Lite still works.

The blue Game Boy Advance SP was my first game system ever. I still have it, but it has teeth marks on it (Which was caused by me when I got mad at a game.) and the R button doesn't work anymore. Good thing my DS Lite still works.

we all get mad, but why would the handheld have teeth marks on it? Chewing on it can't be good for the system or your teeth.

Oh man, the teeth mark things is minor compared to what I used to do with my SNES controller (hence why I don't have it anymore lol). Whenever I would get frustrated with a level I would literally throw my controller against the wall or the floor (whichever was closer). I'm pretty amazed how long that system lasted.

I had one too! :D It's was kind of a blue-purple thingy.. Hahah :p My favorite game was Pokemon Emerald! :p

I put some good mileage on my SP. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/LeafGreen/FireRed, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Golden Sun, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age were all games that I played so many times.

I still have my SP, though I don't play it very often.

GameBoy advanced is SP was the first Nintendo video game system. It was actually the first game system I got it all. It was really amazing for the time and was really fun to play. I would recommend you get it and get some Pokémon games for it. It can play the first three generations of Pokémon games all by itself.

The game boy advance SP was really something that was awesome during it's time . I really loved borrowing my friend's GBA SP to play The Legend of Zelda : A Link to The Past and I loved how portable as well as well designed it was :D One of the best nintendo consoles that I've seen :D

I liked the SP a lot for two reasons:
1) It was foldable. I liked how the system could easily fit in your pocket because of its small size and unique shape for most handheld systems. Plus it looked cool. I think I still have my old SP lying around somewhere, I just need to find the games for it @-@.
2) It was backlit. This was a major improvement from the GBA and GBC, the screen was hard to see without a light source, especially when you're trying to clear a large gap in Super Mario Advance @-@. Thankfully it gives a backlight option, so you could turn it on and off as needed to save battery.

Back when I was in middle school a friend of mine let me borrow his Gameboy Advanced SP, I never did finish Final Fantasy Origins on there. I sometimes find myself thinking I should just buy it for the heck of it and finish the game haha

That alone is not enough for me to justify hunting it down on Amazon or eBay though.

What games do you guys recommend playing on the Gameboy Advanced SP?
When i got my Gameboy Advance SP (Red) when i was 6, i lost it after 1 year with sonic advance 2 because somehow, it dropped down from the pocket (no one was around) and never heard the sound when it hit the ground since it was noisy because of a party and i was crying the whole time :cry: because i was gonna play while i was bored (i hate parties but mario parties is the thing that i love but it breaks friendships). I got another Gameboy Advance SP (Black) with Sonic Advance 2 ( game for free, i got it as a gift from a friend, i think he was trying to beat the game 100% but he din't know how to get emeralds, i din't know how to get emeralds as well but i din't care for that. ) i still have those two with me in my game drawer. :)

I recommend you quite a few games. Pokemon - any is good, they are all really fun and classics on gameboy
Dragonball advanced adventure - Awesome little beat em up, you play as goku and fight enemies surrounding you. Can be fun with anyone, great game on gba
Super mario advance - any is also ok, they are all classics and usually more than one packaged in the cartridge
Sonic Advance 1 or 3 - the first is just solid platforming, nice game with plenty to do, and the 3rd has a link up abillity where you can play co op with your friends as sonic and friends
Street fighter - not as good as the snes version, but still a nice fighter
Donkey kong land - ports of the amazing games on snes
Varied rpgs - Fire emblem, final fantasy, and more
Mario kart - just as good as the snes game
zelda - what can i say? anyone can enjoy this, it mind-blowing
there are more, the gba has a such a great library

Back