Gamecube games on Wii U?

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
Ever since the unveiling of the Smash Bros gamecube controllers, the question on everyone's mind has been, "will Nintendo bring Gamecube games to the Wii U eshop?" Although there hasn't been any news on this, I feel like there could be a lot of potential for this. Just like the Windwaker HD, other gamecube games could get a graphical touch up, and perhaps add online functions to Four Swords Adventures? Mario fans have been demanding Sunshine HD, and there's just a lot of potential there. Do you think that Gamecube on Wii U will be a reality, or will it be just another unheard wish from the fans?

I can't believe we don't have a selection of Gamecube and N64 games to get on the Virtual Console, to be honest. I would be okay with the games on VC themselves, maybe another HD remake or two of some of the best games like Mario Sunshine to fill up the retail slots next year (which aren't going to be as bad as this year, guaranteed, judging by the rising install base and amount of confirmed games).

Reactions: Bugalet and nicklesimba
A bunch of people would buy them so I would recommend nintendo too do this right this instance! Games I want in the eshop now. I want luigis mansion, mario sunshine, mario kart double dash, the legend of zelda majoras mask, pokemon XD, animal crossing and ect cause theirs many more I want

Reactions: nicklesimba
HD remakes like Wind Waker would be awesome. Only the games that were a big hit, though, of course. Classic GC games with updated graphics and such would be a good selling point for Nintendo. I do hope they take this route. :p

Reactions: nicklesimba
I don't think there'll be VC but most likely HD remakes. Since the Wii had new controls for older games like Mario Tennis and Pikmin so if it was the Wii U there would be new controls there too. And I think in another thread there was a quote that said they are thinking on making more HD remakes which is a great idea for more sales, more console coverage, and more quality. Sunshine [and Luigi's Mansion] has the most potential for one I think.

I don't think there'll be VC but most likely HD remakes. Since the Wii had new controls for older games like Mario Tennis and Pikmin so if it was the Wii U there would be new controls there too. And I think in another thread there was a quote that said they are thinking on making more HD remakes which is a great idea for more sales, more console coverage, and more quality. Sunshine [and Luigi's Mansion] has the most potential for one I think.
If and when they remake Pikmin, I'm hoping they sell it with Pikmin 1 and 2 :p

I think Nintendo could get a lot of money off this GameCube virtual console sortve thing for the Wii u. They would definitely be missing out on a wide variety of players if they don't jump on this chance!

Reactions: Blazikenpwnsyou and nicklesimba
I think Nintendo could get a lot of money off this GameCube virtual console sortve thing for the Wii u. They would definitely be missing out on a wide variety of players if they don't jump on this chance!
Oh, believe me, I really want to play Gamecube games on the Virtual Console! I really want Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 to add online support for the Chao Garden system, because any console port after the Dreamcast and Gamecube just has you throwing unwanted Chao away.

Gamecube Games on the Wii U would be a Nice Feature. I missed playing some Gamecube games during the Gamecube Generation since my cousin was hogging his the whole time lol xD If Nintendo ever brings this Feature, I will gladly Buy some to play :)

There probably will be Gamecube VC because of the GameCube adapter. They might make a compromise for mewtwo fans: Play Melee on Wii U

I would love to have Gamecube VC. They haven't even done N64 VC though so I wonder what's the hold up on their end.

I would love to have Gamecube VC. They haven't even done N64 VC though so I wonder what's the hold up on their end.

I would love a N64 VC right now... I have downloaded Paper Mario and Star Fox 64 and I can't play them :/

Honestly I would rather they go the HD remake look for the Gamecube titles. I think it would be wise to do so, plus it gives more life to the Wii U line up if you have a few Hd Remakes here and there. I probably wouldn't buy a ton of them , but I certainly would pick up a few.

this would be awesome. I think Nintendo could make a lot out of this.
Sadly I dont have a WiiU

This made me think of sixth gen Yu-Gi-Oh games. Those were great. First games I'd pick for Virtual Console, although I only know one for GameCube.

I look forward to two events with Wii U: Pokemon RPG and NGC VC. If N64 isn't there yet, how the hell is it not there?

I'll buy a Wii U the minute I hear "new Genius Sonority RPG".

I think Nintendo want to release this titles via HD remakes because of the same CPU Architecture that is making the hole game to port much easier . I saw a video in that hackers played ngc games direkt on the Wii U in den Wii Menu. I personally would prefer HD remakes of old n64 or nes /snes games. Someone now is thinking why I want HD remakes of nes/snes games. It is because of Duck tales remastered: The whole game is looking so good. I would buy majoras mask HD if they would release it.

Sorry but we won't be able to play other wii u games with the gamecube controller than super smash bros. I just wanted to make sure this info I thought for a while was correct so I looked it up on google and find this

Correction at 10:21 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8: According to Nintendo, “Please note the GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically — it is not compatible with any other Wii U software. The adapter is also not compatible with Wii, and we apologize for any confusion prompted by our earlier listing.”

This has been taken from http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/07/wii-us-gamecube-controller-will-support-more-than-just-smash-bros/

I think they will make Gamecube games for the Wii U. I'm surprised they haven't even made N64 games on the eshop yet... though you can get N64 games off the Wii Shop Channel so i think thats why:thumbsup:

I doubt it. If it did happen it won't be for a long while. N64 VC needs to come out first (And even then hopefully the delay was to add controller pak support, since the dreaded thing was the reason we barely got any third party N64 VC games on the Wii in the first place.)

Back