GameCube virtual console?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So as we know for the virtual console we have n64, Wii. snes, And even turbografx16 but why not GameCube there were many great GameCube games like super Mario sunshine, the legend of Zelda windwaker, and smash bros melee so why didn’t we get one. I get that the GameCube had gba support and that would be hard to add on the Wii U but still we could hVe just not used that. Does anyone else think there should be a gcn virtual console or no tell me your ideas I’d love to see what you guys will say.

Reactions: Mizunil and Alex.Dips
Yes, definitely since gamecube has some of the best games from 1990's to early 2000's, Paper Mario TTYD included lol.
I would love to be able to play both paper mario games on my wii u, or maybe the gamecube games could be on 3ds somehow?

It does seem weird how there's no gamecube support lol, maybe we'll see it in the switch or the next console from Nintendo.
I hope there's going to be gamecube support!

Reactions: AricAttack
OF COURSE! The Nintendo GameCube was one of he best Nintendo systems EVER. I loved the classic game on there, such as Wario's World, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. As well as Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Shadow The Hedgehog. I think it would be amazing for them to design Joy-Con support for those games as well. In answer to your question, I would LOVE to have GameCube virtual console.

So as we know for the virtual console we have n64, Wii. snes, And even turbografx16 but why not GameCube there were many great GameCube games like super Mario sunshine, the legend of Zelda windwaker, and smash bros melee so why didn’t we get one. I get that the GameCube had gba support and that would be hard to add on the Wii U but still we could hVe just not used that. Does anyone else think there should be a gcn virtual console or no tell me your ideas I’d love to see what you guys will say.
I dont belive im allowed to discuss it here but the wii u hacking comunity had made a gamecube VC on the wii u a while ago. Just dont pirate junk and use your own back ups. Sorry if im going against rules for mentioning hacking on this thread still learning the rules here

I dont belive im allowed to discuss it here but the wii u hacking comunity had made a gamecube VC on the wii u a while ago. Just dont pirate junk and use your own back ups. Sorry if im going against rules for mentioning hacking on this thread still learning the rules here
Hacking isn’t illegal, but piracy is. I think the only rule is to not talk about or condone any illegal acts. Actually, here is a direct quote from the rules. You are fine.

Do not partake in illegal activity

This is not a forum to learn how to pirate games or partake in any other illegal activities. Please don't ask for anything illegal or try to promote anything illegal. Failure to listen may result in an instant perma-ban.”

W
Hacking isn’t illegal, but piracy is. I think the only rule is to not talk about or condone any illegal acts. Actually, here is a direct quote from the rules. You are fine.

Do not partake in illegal activity

This is not a forum to learn how to pirate games or partake in any other illegal activities. Please don't ask for anything illegal or try to promote anything illegal. Failure to listen may result in an instant perma-ban.”
Well if thats the case GC VC on wii u is definetly a thing on switch that is super easy to pull of when you have some know how.

I could see Gamecube VC being a thing on wii u but I think it would do much better on switch do to it's on the go functionality. Nvidea in china has Gamecube and Wii vc and since the Nintendo Switch has the same components as Nvidea it is very possible for the switch to have wii and gamecube vc. Also it would be a cool thing to have if it were free with Nintendo switch online.

We need gameboy and gamecube included in the switch online program. There's nes and snes already and gb would just sweeten the deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex.Dips
I feel like if they ever do introduce GameCube games for the Virtual Console. I won't have a life outside of it. That's okay though, it would totally be worth abandoning my responsibilities and becoming a hermit.

We need gameboy included in the switch online program. There's nes and snes already and gb would just sweeten the deal.

NINTENDO, HEAR OUR PRAYERS.

Reactions: Deepak
GameCube would be great. I need a way to play Skies of Arcadia again.

Reactions: Deepak and Alex.Dips
Not gonna happen. Ever. Nintendo would make more money if they resell GameCube games instead. Us nintendo fans will still buy it anyway

Not gonna happen. Ever. Nintendo would make more money if they resell GameCube games instead. Us nintendo fans will still buy it anyway
What?

GameCube Virtual Console would be AMAZING. But it would make more sense to just sell those games again.

GameCube Virtual Console would be AMAZING. But it would make more sense to just sell those games again.
That’s what I said

That’s what I said
Oh, I thought you got confused on what I said. Sorry for repeating what you said! I didn't know.

Oh, I thought you got confused on what I said. Sorry for repeating what you said! I didn't know.
I made this thread when the Wii U had just about every virtual console on it except for gcn :p

I made this thread when the Wii U had just about every virtual console on it except for gcn :p
Oh, OK. There were so many posts from yesterday that I thought this was recent. I should really check the dates on the original post

Oh, OK. There were so many posts from yesterday that I thought this was recent. I should really check the dates on the original post
No problem :D

Reactions: Sunny_Meows

Maybe they'll release a miniature version pre-loaded with games, like they did for the NES and Super Nintendo? If they did, there's no way I wouldn't buy it. That system just has too many fantastic games on it that deserve to be replayed.

Back