Gamecube

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Not really that retro, but yeah...xD

thoughts? pros and cons? have you owned/played it before?

It's so small, you can put it almost anywhere! ;D

had some awesome games, like the Wind waker, and Ocarina of time/master quest too!

I enjoyed the Gamecube very much and I was actually hoping Nintendo would take the Wii U in this direction. It wasn't the most powerful console, but it had very good games. All the games for Nintendo's main series (Metroid, Zelda, FZero) were all great and they had a great amount of third parties too. Not to mention we had a good controller for hardcore titles. I really hope Nintendo next console is more like the GCN.

I enjoyed the Gamecube, it had some great games (Wind Waker, Double Dash, Pikmin), but I haven't played any of them in ages. In fact, I just put the Gamecube back in its box. :(

Gamecube is probably my favorite console to this day since the majority of games I love are on there. Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Sonic, Pikmin... I could go on. I'm a sucker for my old school games so naturally I still gravitate towards replaying oldies.

Impulse, not sure if you knew but it was the most powerful out of the three and Nintendo lost in sales so that's why we ended up with the less-powerful Wii and Nintendo didn't think power had anything to do with it after this!

Some of the classics I loved were -

Skies of Arcadia
Wind Waker
Timesplitters 2
Metroid Prime
Tales of Symphonia
Pikmin 1/2
Resident Evil 4
Smash Bros. Melee

The Gamecube is still one of my favorite Nintendo products. Loved Smash Bros. Melee on it and Double Dash. :D

The Gamecube is my favorite generation, as well. It has most of my favorite Mario Games, including Paper Mario 2, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Power Tennis and Sunshine. Also, Pokemon Colosseum. :p This was also the absolute height of my fandom, which is part of the reason I like it so much. I wanted to stay home all day, every day to play my Gamecube, I tell ya.

Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Wind Waker.

The only three reasons I needed to make the Gamecube an amazing console for me. Although I didn't love it as much as my PS2, I still really enjoyed it for the three games listed above, plus a few others.

Reactions: 2 people
The Nintendo GameCube was amazing. My parents bought it for me along with Mario Kart: Double Dash!! when I was about five years old. I had so many great times with it, like playing it with my family and friends. I don't have the console anymore, though, because I gave it away to my cousin in Cuba since I really didn't play it anymore after the Wii came out, but sometimes I wish that I didn't give it away. :(

Reactions: 2 people
I can't say I really enjoyed my time with the gamecube. I can't even remember what games I had for it either to be honest, so it really didn't leave an impression on me. I do remember it having nice small discs though, that was neat.

I never owned a GameCube, but one of my friends did. They were the first to show me the legend of Zelda Wind Waker. It was a really good console, but it had to have a memory card. I did get wind waker, and a memory card to play it on my Wii.

I had my gamecube for almost 10 years and it still works great! I have a lot of awesome games on there such as Pokémon Collosseum, Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Riders, Kirby Air Ride, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Strikers, Mario Superstar Baseball, Yu-Gi-Oh! Falsebound Kingdom, and Muppets Party Cruise. I also have the Gameboy player for it too.

GC (and to a lesser extent the Dreamcast) basically got me into gaming. The amount of time I spent playing and replaying Sunshine is ridiculous.

Also, best controller ever designed.

I like that you can have multiple saves if you had more memory cards and that it's still being played today in the form of SSB Melee. Oh yeah and like what the other guys said the controller has been used in every Smash Bros. since as well as MK8 Deluxe even though you need an adapter (but I think it isn't worth it I like my Joy Cons better) so that tell you how good the controller is.

Back