Games Where the Minigames Were Better Than the Main Game

• Thread starter Kitsune_Sakura64
  • Start date
Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64

Shadow Queen
Towns Folk
Like the title says, which games have you played that had minigames that were more fun than the actual game itself?

Personally, I love Brawl Ball from Kirby Mass Attack; not super keen (or at all, really) on the main game.

I also like the minigames from Brave Dungeon on 3DS, but find the initial game repetitive and uninteresting.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Coin Launcher in Smash Bros. Brawl. Poker with my man Luigi in the DS Mario titles. Fishing in Ocarina of Time (actually fishing wasn't AS good), and uh... Pokemon XY was good, but it had some really fun minigames besides Super Training there was some Tomagatchi-like minigames in the Amie section that were completely new.

Reactions: Marc
The coin launcher machine in smash brawl is so much fun. One time I played it for like 3 hours.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, phofufury and Marc
Personally, I love Brawl Ball from Kirby Mass Attack; not super keen (or at all, really) on the main game.
I completely forgot how fun the Kirby Mass Attack minigames were!
I remember playing the space invader-like mini game (I forgot the name) for hours and hours.

The only other main example I could think of are the Pokemon Contests, and the Pokemon Movie Theater place in Black 2

Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
The coin launcher machine in smash brawl is so much fun. One time I played it for like 3 hours.
Was it better than Smash Brawl tho? D:

I got to say, I enjoyed Trails of Cold Steel III's Vantage Master Card game as much as the core game. It wasn't "better", but I had the same level as fun when playing it.

I definitely wouldn't have preferred it over the base game if it was standalone tho.

Was it better than Smash Brawl tho? D:

I got to say, I enjoyed Trails of Cold Steel III's Vantage Master Card game as much as the core game. It wasn't "better", but I had the same level as fun when playing it.

I definitely wouldn't have preferred it over the base game if it was standalone tho.
It's definitely not as good as smash brawl, but I would buy it if it was a standalone eshop game for like 5 bucks.

Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
WarioWare.

...wait.

Reactions: Jisenku, Kitsune_Sakura64 and Mizunil
i would say Mario Party........but the whole game is minigames...... :/

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, FuredeRika and Mizunil
Super Mario Bros DS - like the card games & that 2 player vs mode imo waaaay better (or at least more fun) than the actual game.

Reactions: Jisenku
Blitzball from Final Fantasy X!!! that was such a fun mini game you got to do in the game and im glad you got to sorta contiune it after the game but it was still limiting since it was only a mini game for final fantasy x. i wouldn't say its better then final fantasy x i super loved the main game for it as well but i spent countless hours just smashing out lots of blitzball games because it was so fun. Blitzball was that good that i wished they would bring out a stand alone game just primary for blitzball where you could battle online players instead of just npcs that would be amazing but oh well.

Back