Games with the stupidest names

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Are there any games you can think of with the stupidest names in your opinion?

Under Night In-Birth, Fortnite (you don't know how to spell guys?), Karnaaj Rally (same issue), Irritating Stick, Mario Party Advance (so who's advancing here?).

That's all I can think of.

Luigi's Mansion 3 only because they didn't give it a subtitle in the US. Yes, I am picky.

Irritating Stick
I think there's a reason for that.

If the title has the word irritating in it it's probably not a good game.

Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Like sheesh guys, ease up on the title length!

There's a game called "Summer-Colored High School Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going" so I guess that takes the cake.

Maybe it's poking fun at light novels, but it's still long and unnecessary regardless. Any game that's more than seven words long needs to either have an acceptable, shortened alternative or give up outright. Then there's all these remakes and sequels and DLCs that have four subtitles. Those are quite annoying, too.

Then there's the recent Nintendo equivalent where every port gets HD, Deluxe, et cetera added to the name,.. we had every other game on the 3DS get subtitled with 3D and one of those games got a Wii U sequel that kept the 3D (Super Mario 3D World). Now that's on the Switch... and now we've got Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Guess they're keeping the HD for when they port it to their next console as well.

Granted, I can see why they kept the 3D for Mario as it's literally a 3D platformer and Super Mario Land/World was already taken, but my point still stands. Keep it simple and unique. Don't add four subtitles and two suffixes to indicate which game I'm getting, Zelda Returns would be a much better title than The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II: Revenge of Ganon HD Definitive Version Deluxe + Hilda's Adventure or whatever you want to come out with.

Reactions: Agentperson
Back