Gamescom Future Games Show: Switch games

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, the Future Games Show just aired on the internet and it brought with it many interesting games.. I'll be making this thread of the switch games (and multiplatform with switch) first, then over in the PC/console games section on here I'll make another thread with the non-switch games. Links will be provided where I can give them, youtube links in spoilers.

Lord of the Rings: Gollum - @Marc has already made a thread about this game here: https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threa...s-gollum-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch.39317/

Smalland -
PC, PS4/5, Xbox 1/X, Switch - 2021

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 -
PS4, Xbox 1/X, Switch - December 8th
PS5 - Holiday 2020
Steam - TBC

The Survivalists -
PC, Xbox 1, PS4, Switch - later this year

Monster Harvest -
PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch

Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure -
Switch - October 28th

Mini Motor Racing X -
Switch - September 17th

CrownTrick -
Steam, Switch - Q3 2020

Inkulinati -
PC, Switch

Cris Tales -
PS4, Xbox 1, PC, Stadia, Switch - November 17th (Demo on eshop)

Morbid: The Severn Acolytes -
Steam, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch

"Ones to Watch" games:
Game Dev Tycoon - Switch (already on most other platforms) - October 8th
Mars Horizon - PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch - 2020
Haak - PC, Mobile, Switch - Q3 2020
Olija - PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch - 2020
Scourage Bringer - PC, Xbox (Game pass), Switch - TBC

Struggling -
PC, Switch - 2020

Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One -

So, what are you all most excited for? Any new titles catch your eyes? Honestly for me out of these, Gollum, Puyo Puyo 2, Survivalists, CrownTrick, Cris Tales, Game dev tycoon (got it on PC, love this game) and Sherlock Holmes are all ones I'm keeping my eye on. Sherlock mostly though, that game I will get ASAP, don't know which platform yet though honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Alex
Sherlock Holmes is the only game I'm interested in atm. Always love a good puzzle game.

Reactions: 28142
Ever since the Indie Direct, I've been looking forward to The Survivalists. Cris Tales is another game I've been paying attention to.

Smalland looks interesting too :redpanda:

CrownTrick reminds me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but very different.. interesting :3

Morbid: The Severn Acolytes looks tough. The horrorpunk look of it makes me think that haha. Idk why.

Struggling looks interesting too but I don't think it's for me. And Sherlock Holmes looks OK but idk how I feel about the chapters. I was expecting a full game packaged in one when I first heard about it in the shoutbox earlier today.
Sherlock Holmes is the only game I'm interested in atm. Always love a good puzzle game.
Not even Monster Harvest?

I would have preferred if they kept Stardew Valley's live action combat tbh. I'm not sure if I'm feeling that turn-based stuff, but everything else is looking fine.

And Sherlock Holmes looks OK but idk how I feel about the chapters. I was expecting a full game packaged in one when I first heard about it in the shoutbox earlier today.

Chapter 1 is because it's Sherlocks first chapter. This is his "starting" story so to say

So, the Future Games Show just aired on the internet and it brought with it many interesting games.. I'll be making this thread of the switch games (and multiplatform with switch) first, then over in the PC/console games section on here I'll make another thread with the non-switch games. Links will be provided where I can give them, youtube links in spoilers.

Lord of the Rings: Gollum - @Marc has already made a thread about this game here: https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threa...s-gollum-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch.39317/

Smalland -

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 -
PS4, Xbox 1/X, Switch - December 8th
PS5 - Holiday 2020
Steam - TBC

The Survivalists -
PC, Xbox 1, PS4, Switch - later this year

Monster Harvest -
PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch

Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure -
Switch - October 28th

Mini Motor Racing X -
Switch - September 17th

CrownTrick -
Steam, Switch - Q3 2020

Inkulinati -
PC, Switch

Cris Tales -
PS4, Xbox 1, PC, Stadia, Switch - November 17th (Demo on eshop)

Morbid: The Severn Acolytes -
Steam, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch

"Ones to Watch" games:
Game Dev Tycoon - Switch (already on most other platforms) - October 8th
Mars Horizon - PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch - 2020
Haak - PC, Mobile, Switch - Q3 2020
Olija - PC, PS4, Xbox 1, Switch - 2020
Scourage Bringer - PC, Xbox (Game pass), Switch - TBC

Struggling -
PC, Switch - 2020

Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One -

So, what are you all most excited for? Any new titles catch your eyes? Honestly for me out of these, Gollum, Puyo Puyo 2, Survivalists, CrownTrick, Cris Tales, Game dev tycoon (got it on PC, love this game) and Sherlock Holmes are all ones I'm keeping my eye on. Sherlock mostly though, that game I will get ASAP, don't know which platform yet though honestly.
All of these announcements are really good! The Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 gameplay video was really fun, and I'm still really excited about it!! All the other games look interesting. There are four games in particular that I'm looking to get.

1.) Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure
It's looking to have interesting gameplay, brilliant dialogue, and fun gameplay. It's really exciting! This game's artstyle looks great! It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.... If we get to hear more about these parts of the game, I'm definitely adding it to my "To Play" list. Plus, the talking cat is my favorite character based on what I have seen.

2.) Inkulinati
The artstyle and characters here is the most interesting out of all the games on this list. The gameplay looks simple, but fun too. Not sure about this one, but definitely interesting.

3.) Struggling
This game looks like fun mayhem with some interesting physics. The availability of Co-op mode looks like fun, and makes me want to call someone to play it for some fun times. The music used for this trailer is my favorite out of all these trailers, so I hope I get to see more of it in the game. The areas you need to go through looks challenging and fun to go through, so I'm almost certain to get this game.

4.) Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
The Sherlock Holmes books were amazing! I remember reading them in high school when I had nothing else to do, and I hope that this game is just as good. In the trailer, it's described as a "story-driven detective thriller," which makes me happy because I always love a good story. The game promises interesting secrets and mysteries to solve, as well as surprises in many spots in the island, which I really like. Definitely getting this.

4.) Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
The Sherlock Holmes books were amazing! I remember reading them in high school when I had nothing else to do, and I hope that this game is just as good. In the trailer, it's described as a "story-driven detective thriller," which makes me happy because I always love a good story. The game promises interesting secrets and mysteries to solve, as well as surprises in many spots in the island, which I really like. Definitely getting this.

Frogwares have done multiple other sherlock games for years!! I'm currently playing through their biggest one, Crimes and Punishments and it's awesome~ The whole detective mechanics are well made, fluid and intuitive. Movement is a bit janky but, it's an older game. Story is really interesting too, puzzles are also really fun!

Generally their games have been good across the board honestly. I've heard fantastic things about the sinking city (currently -75% off on the eshop too for their 20th birthday!) but they've been having major issues with publishers and currently in stupid legal disputes they had nothing to do with.. Hopefully though everything will be sorted out with Chapter one, they're going to self-publish with that so everything should be good.

Frogwares have done multiple other sherlock games for years!! I'm currently playing through their biggest one, Crimes and Punishments and it's awesome~ The whole detective mechanics are well made, fluid and intuitive. Movement is a bit janky but, it's an older game. Story is really interesting too, puzzles are also really fun!

Generally their games have been good across the board honestly. I've heard fantastic things about the sinking city (currently -75% off on the eshop too for their 20th birthday!) but they've been having major issues with publishers and currently in stupid legal disputes they had nothing to do with.. Hopefully though everything will be sorted out with Chapter one, they're going to self-publish with that so everything should be good.
Whaaaaat??? How have I not heard of this?? Definitely putting those games on my "To Play" list. Unfortunately, I already spent all my budget for games hahaha (a lot came out recently), and I still have to play them! Oh, and I also had to buy Paper Mario: The Origami King lol. I think my package arrives tomorrow or the day after that. Excited for it! But if I do find a spare 5 dollars, I'm definitely getting it. Maybe imma watch a review of it later after I'm done with a work thing I have to submit today.

Back