Gaming Club

• Thread starter 8150
  • Start date

Ultimate Despair
Towns Folk
Picture this: I was sitting alone in my closet crying to myself because I'm forever alone, reading Deadpool and going on reddit. Well I went to /r/jrpg and someone mentioned that they made an online RPG club. Basically, this club was similar to a book club, where everyone played a game and would discuss it in the club chat, or offer help to other members or play multiplayer if the game had it. My first thought after reading that was "I have to use the bathroom." My second thought was "Nevermind, I'll just wet my pants." Finally, I thought "hey this a cool idea. But what if instead of just random jrpgs, it was nintendo games?"

Basically, what im getting at is this; would people be interested in a gaming club like this on the forums, where we vote on a game to play and then talk about it?

Hmm I think that would be a good idea for a Club where people can come together to play a certain game voted so I think that it's a nice idea , but I think this would belong in the Suggestions and Feedback forum :p

Maybe a Gaming Club in the Wifi-Planning Zone might be nice

Reactions: 8150
Yea, I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, so I just put it in 3ds games.

This sounds like a really good idea! I really like discussing games I like with other people who also have played them.

If this is a thing, count me in, I'd be happy to play along with you guys. Provided I can summon up the budget, though...

I don't suppose you're expected to play every single one? I can still see this game work out, even if sometimes people skip out on a game.

If this is a thing, count me in, I'd be happy to play along with you guys. Provided I can summon up the budget, though...

I don't suppose you're expected to play every single one? I can still see this game work out, even if sometimes people skip out on a game.
Nah, I wouldn't want people to feel forced into playing a game they don't want to play, or feel like they have to buy every game if they can't afford it. They'd still be welcomed to join in discussions about the game though, or maybe they could follow along via a lets play or something.

Glad to hear that, and I didn't even think of the let's play option.

Have you given any thought to which system you'd like to start with? The NES is good if you want to go back to the roots, though, most games are hard to acquire, though you can emulate them. But, I don't know if anyone is opposed to that.

You could also start with 3DS and Wii U games, but then the media might give you an overhyped view of said game or something.

I'm thinking of starting with the 3ds, since im assuming most people on a 3ds forum have one, and you can also get virtual console games there as well, so we can also do older games as well. I still have a few things I need to set up before doing this, but I'm glad to see reactions to it have been pretty good so far.

Back