Gateway update and clones coming

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Bad news my friends.

1. Gateway will have a second update
2. Two clones are coming: 3DSLink y R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition

You can see 3DSLink in action:

And also the other one:

250px-R4i_Gold_3DS_Deluxe_Edition_Presentaci%C3%B3n.jpg

How it works? The blue one hack the console and the gold one open the game.
This one only accepts firmware 4.1.0-8 to 4.5.0-10.

Those two use the first version of the Gateway firmware,

But wait, the god news is those carts doesn't allow 3DS tweaks or hacks, and without the updated console, no online support. This means a similar situation to the PlayStation 3.

What will happens next, is the question... :cry:

where did you find this out . and is this like r4

Well, there are gateway sellers in my country (see, that's why my country got banned by Ninty). Well, it's pricey, costs US$70-80 I believe. But it is mostly used for play cross-region games. Means that you can play japan region game in your 3DS...

Well, there are gateway sellers in my country (see, that's why my country got banned by Ninty). Well, it's pricey, costs US$70-80 I believe. But it is mostly used for play cross-region games. Means that you can play japan region game in your 3DS...

Wait... Those're actually working?

Yes, both Gateway and R4i Gold work. They're already famous (sigh) in my country months ago.

It is true that you can't use online multiplayer or accessing eShop while using gateway. But different from PS3, you can still play original games by replacing gateway cart from the game slot (but anyone using gateway won't update their firmware, hehehe).

lol I bet pokefans would love to be able to use that. Then they could play Japanese versions of Pokemon games and get quick access to the Masuda method :p (that is, if GTS wasn't good for whatever reason)

Nintendo needs to do an update. I don't like this at all. People need to stop hacking already. I'm so sick of it.

Wow, your country doesn't wait, anyways I like the idea that without a system update you won't be able to support online feature in games, so that's good news. I really don't have much to say on the topic because I knew it was about to happen sooner or later.

Wow, your country doesn't wait, anyways I like the idea that without a system update you won't be able to support online feature in games, so that's good news. I really don't have much to say on the topic because I knew it was about to happen sooner or later.

Yeah, it was really knew...
But yeah, without online support, that is a good thing...

I just dislike the idea of piracy because looks the PSP, they are launching a lot of games on Japan and nothing in the other regions just for the piracy...

I don't want that in the 3DS, it was too hard to show enough fan support for games like Proyect X Zone and Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton

Back