gen 3 attractions

• Thread starter ljones20
  • Start date
L

ljones20

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
So currently i have been wondering why so many people love gen 3 of pokemon so much.

personally im a gen 2er so its strage to me.
its just gen 3 was really forgettable to me, so lets discuss why gen 3 has so many fans

Generation 3 is so good because of Rayquaza and all the Pokemon in that generation are just so awesome. The best pokemon were created in that generation along with some of the strongest for sure. Also, Gyrados is really strong in Generation 3. I love how he can learn Earthquake. Its a little too easy though, but I guess thats only because ive played it over 5 times and im like a pro at everything

it was just forgettable for me. its probably because it came after such a great gen that nothing could really compare to at the moment. but i see your point

Gen 3 was the entry point for many people in the series and it was part of huuge change for the series. I mean, Gen 2 you had color in the game, but Gen 3 was where the graphics were improved even more. The soundtrack was epic too

well yeah i suppose thats a good reason too. i never really heard the music tho, i tend to play with the sound off. but yeah the grapics were alot better in 3rd gen. the pokemon i guess were just blah to me.

well yeah i suppose thats a good reason too. i never really heard the music tho, i tend to play with the sound off. but yeah the grapics were alot better in 3rd gen. the pokemon i guess were just blah to me.
idk for me the Gen 3 pokemon easily "blended" with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 pokemon that were in the game. It wasn't until Gen 4 and onward that the pokemon started to look really different for me

they blended yes, they just dint really stand out within the mass of pokemon. then again i took a break from pokemon aroun that time, so i only had a short expirence with gen 3.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
they blended yes, they just dint really stand out within the mass of pokemon. then again i took a break from pokemon aroun that time, so i only had a short expirence with gen 3.
ah I see. Well, even then though Hoenn stands out for me as a legit game that could prove even more legit with a 3D remake for it. I mean, look at the success of HeartGold/SoulSilver...

i think if they made a remake it would sell mainly because of nostalgia. but it would be nice to see that water logged region in 3d especially the underwater parts. and the kyogre and groudon fight in emerald(doubt that would be in it)

i think if they made a remake it would sell mainly because of nostalgia. but it would be nice to see that water logged region in 3d especially the underwater parts. and the kyogre and groudon fight in emerald(doubt that would be in it)
Actually, if they made a remake I bet the Emerald aspects would be in it. I mean, after all they kinda did that with HeartGold/SoulSilver where you could get both mascot legendaries AND the Suicune event was in it.

yeah maybe. but i would really enjoy seein the battle in 3d i think it would be beautiful. and the frontier in 3d would be huge

yeah maybe. but i would really enjoy seein the battle in 3d i think it would be beautiful. and the frontier in 3d would be huge
yeah, and we've seen plenty of example of how it could be based on the new Pokemon X and Y games that have been released haha There's a lot they could do

Because gen 3 was the first one to introduce cool pokemon and pretty decent type combinations. Rayquaza is awesome along with Deoxys, Kyogre and Groudon.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Because gen 3 was the first one to introduce cool pokemon and pretty decent type combinations. Rayquaza is bada$$ along with Deoxys, Kyogre and Groudon.
Yeah, even though Rayquaza didn't exactly have an original typing (Dragonite had it first), it was a really epic pokemon to have (not to mention that there was an event Rayquaza with V-Create...)

Yeah, even though Rayquaza didn't exactly have an original typing (Dragonite had it first), it was a really epic pokemon to have (not to mention that there was an event Rayquaza with V-Create...)
Yep, Rayquaza stats were really epic and lets not forget how it looks more ferocious than Dragonite :D

Yep, Rayquaza stats were really epic and lets not forget how it looks more ferocious than Dragonite :D
Yeah, and the fact that it's a GIANT FLYING GREEN SNAKE for crying out loud. It doesn't get more epic than that when comparing to Punynite.

Back