Gen 6 Competitive Q&A

• Thread starter Derpguy64
  • Start date
Derpguy64

Derpguy64

Smash/Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I don't know that many people who are "experts" at XY/ORAS battling, so I want to make the competitive scene of 3DS Pedia go beyond the Pokemon League. If you have any questions about team building, or movesets, or anything else, just ask! I'll get to you as soon as I can.

There are many "experts" on 3DSPedia and the people at the Pokemon League are some of those "experts"

This is great that you are doing this but where people put their Questions about competitive battling is in this thread 'PkMn Competitive Play' xD

There are many "experts" on 3DSPedia and the people at the Pokemon League are some of those "experts"
I just don't know most of them :p

OK so I have this doubles team and I'd love any tips or improvements because I still lose with this >.> Ok my team is :
  • Tyranitar ~ Razor Claw ~ Sand Stream - Earthquake , Crunch , Stone Edge , Pursuit
  • Sigilyph ~ Bright Powder ~ Magic Guard - Psychic , Light Screen , Reflect , Tailwind
  • Lucario ~ Life Orb ~ Justified - Extreme Speed , Close Combat , Flash Cannon , Me First
  • Ferrothorn ~ Leftovers ~ Iron Barbs - Ingrain , Iron Defence , Power Whip , Iron Head
Any tips or move sets would be appreciated :3

Well first of all, make Lucario your mega, and replace me first with shadow ball, to counter Lucario's weakness to psychic. also, replace tyranitar's stone edge with earthquake, and pursuit or crunch with stealth rock. other than that, good job with the team. but remember, have other pokemon on the bench for diversity

Reactions: 2071
OK so I have this doubles team and I'd love any tips or improvements because I still lose with this >.> Ok my team is :
  • Tyranitar ~ Razor Claw ~ Sand Stream - Earthquake , Crunch , Stone Edge , Pursuit
  • Sigilyph ~ Bright Powder ~ Magic Guard - Psychic , Light Screen , Reflect , Tailwind
  • Lucario ~ Life Orb ~ Justified - Extreme Speed , Close Combat , Flash Cannon , Me First
  • Ferrothorn ~ Leftovers ~ Iron Barbs - Ingrain , Iron Defence , Power Whip , Iron Head
Add Protect to Lucario and Tyranitar (I believe not very exprinced with doubles lol) Ingrain isn't a good choice because Ferrothorn will be switching a lot, same with iron defence because you will lose the stat. Iron head is replaced with Gyro Ball thats all I have :p

Well first of all, make Lucario your mega, and replace me first with shadow ball, to counter Lucario's weakness to psychic. also, replace tyranitar's stone edge with earthquake, and pursuit or crunch with stealth rock. other than that, good job with the team. but remember, have other pokemon on the bench for diversity
Psst, Lucario shouldn't learn Shadow Ball, because Lucario is Physical, not special :p Rookie's mistake :rotfl:

Add Protect to Lucario and Tyranitar (I believe not very exprinced with doubles lol) Ingrain isn't a good choice because Ferrothorn will be switching a lot, same with iron defence because you will lose the stat. Iron head is replaced with Gyro Ball thats all I have :p
(get rid of flash cannon for protect, make lucario a physical sweeper :p)
well chopper, you certainly have some insight into doubles. guess you'll be helping out for a while, huh?

(get rid of flash cannon for protect, make lucario a physical sweeper :p)
well chopper, you certainly have some insight into doubles. guess you'll be helping out for a while, huh?
Bullet Punch is better than Flash Cannon, gets rid of Fairys and switch out when there is Psychics. Protect would be nice but there isn't a place ot put it on the moveset. Match Tyranitar and Ferrothorn and spam Earthquake :p

Bullet Punch is better than Flash Cannon, gets rid of Fairys and switch out when there is Psychics. Protect would be nice but there isn't a place ot put it on the moveset. Match Tyranitar and Ferrothorn and spam Earthquake :p
seriously, you're gonna help me out with doubles, right?

seriously, you're gonna help me out with doubles, right?
I play OU more than doubles OU, but sure

I play OU more than doubles OU, but sure
good, cuz i never play doubles :p

Thanks @Derpguy64 and @Chopper I'll see which would fit best in that case :p I really like Doubles :p there's a lot more strategies to come up with to me :p I'm not really the most the most knowledgeable in those moves so I'll definitely change them :p

Thanks @Derpguy64 and @Chopper I'll see which would fit best in that case :p I really like Doubles :p there's a lot more strategies to come up with to me :p I'm not really the most the most knowledgeable in those moves so I'll definitely change them :p
Yeah it depends which team you are putting the Pokemons together with, of course. Also, all the :p's

Yeah it depends which team you are putting the Pokemons together with, of course. Also, all the :p's
the :p's are rel :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

@Chopper Mega Lucario has 5 more base attack than Special attack, he can be an amazing special sweeper and physical sweeper. In fact that's why he's uber, his unpredictability is awesome. A special set would run nasty plot, flash cannon, vacuum wave, and filler(I'd recommend dragon pulse for coverage.) Physical would be swords dance, extreme speed, close conbat, and bullet punch.

All of y'all Mega Lucario is banned. Make tyranitar mega or chople berry; sigilyph is, well,... "meh" and as for ferrothorn! For all that is living sort it out And this is coming from a person who helped @Derpguy64 out with competitive plays

post: 245586, member: 14851"]All of y'all Mega Lucario is banned. Make tyranitar mega or chople berry; sigilyph is, well,... "meh" and as for ferrothorn! For all that is living sort it out And this is coming from a person who helped @Derpguy64 out with competitive plays
Yes, shoutouts to you for getting/selling me half of my Ubers team.

Back