IVs are unknown
Heat Wave / Dragon Rage / Fly / Flamethrower

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Balanced EVs
IVs are unknown
Earthquake / Fire Blast / Blizzard / Thunder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Please, no hating comments. You can post what my team needs/doesn't need, but do NOT post spam hating comments. Nobody likes them, nobody reads them.

I have included a poll for you to vote on what my team needs.
So, what do you think of my team?
Please post your rating on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 is worst, 10 is best)
Like this:
I like/dislike your team because (insert your reason here)
It could use/doesn't need (insert something here)
Overall Rating: (your rating here)/10

Reactions: Hikki and Knight Rain
(Please note that, whilst I am okay in competitive battling, I am not the best at analyzing teams, so don't take my word as 100% reliable. I used Smogon as a guide to analyzing this team)

Ehh, it's a decent enough team, but I noticed a few problems/improvements.
1# You have two Special Sweepers on your team (Espeon and Mewtwo). Perhaps swap one out for a Grass type?
2# You have two megavolutions on your team. I get your idea of being able to use either Mega if the situation calls, but I'd only stick to one.
3# I'd make Espeon's IVs as 31/x/31/31/31/31
4# You're not really utilizing Charizard Y's Special Attack to the fullest. Instead of Fly, Heat Wave and Dragon Rage, how about having Solar Beam, Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast?
5# Like Charizard Y, how about swapping Mewtwo Y's Aura Sphere for Shadow Ball? And I would personally swap Protect out for another move, such as Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Ice Beam.
6# It's only my opinion, but I'd stick a Life Orb on Haxorus to further boost it's Attack after a Sword Dance.

Can you post your Pokemon's natures?

You might need a Pokemon catching Pokemon with moves that cause status effects that are a 1 HP moves such as False swipe or Hold Back. Just add some TM moves. Also I want to know which Pokemon you use as your HM "slave". (Like has a lot of moves such as Waterfall or Fly.)

I think you might want to take out a Pokémon that only know special moves. Such as Espeon or Jolteon. You might want to get a few status effect moves or teach a few TM moves.(I find my Gardevoir with a Gardevoirite that has Hypnosis and Dream eater on its moves list is a good thing to have. Not only does Dream Eater restore HP, but it also has 100 power!)

I would rate you team to a 7.
I like your team because, it has good stats and pretty balanced. I dislike your team because, there are not a lot of Physical moves Pokémon and none of them know any status effect moves/HM moves. It could use: Above.

Also, can you please post their levels currently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Their levels are:
Mewtwo: 74
Rayquaza: 100
Jolteon: 43
Espeon: 66
Haxorus: 48
Charizard: 75
@Thatkeyholder

And, @Alex , I know some of the natures. Here are the ones I know:
Rayquaza: Adamant
Haxorus: Adamant
Mewtwo: Timid
The rest are unknown to me.

(Please note that, whilst I am okay in competitive battling, I am not the best at analyzing teams, so don't take my word as 100% reliable. I used Smogon as a guide to analyzing this team)

Ehh, it's a decent enough team, but I noticed a few problems/improvements.
1# You have two Special Sweepers on your team (Espeon and Mewtwo). Perhaps swap one out for a Grass type?
2# You have two megavolutions on your team. I get your idea of being able to use either Mega if the situation calls, but I'd only stick to one.
3# I'd make Espeon's IVs as 31/x/31/31/31/31
4# You're not really utilizing Charizard Y's Special Attack to the fullest. Instead of Fly, Heat Wave and Dragon Rage, how about having Solar Beam, Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast?
5# Like Charizard Y, how about swapping Mewtwo Y's Aura Sphere for Shadow Ball? And I would personally swap Protect out for another move, such as Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Ice Beam.
6# It's only my opinion, but I'd stick a Life Orb on Haxorus to further boost it's Attack after a Sword Dance.

Can you post your Pokemon's natures?
#1: I keep 2 Special Sweepers because one of them normally dies rather early, as 99.9% of special sweepers out there can't take a hit.
#2: I keep 2 Megavolutions because if Charizard dies before I decide to Mega Evolve it, I can always Megavolve the Mewtwo.
#3: I am working on breeding a new one. So far, no luck. Just a bunch of max Atk IV's so far.
#4: I realize this, but am running low on Heart Scales, and didn't know it could learn focus blast. Thanks for letting me know!
#5: I keep Protect for any physical Ghost types who spam Dark Pulse, Shadow Punch, etc., and I keep Aura Sphere because of pesky iron/rock/ice types who know certain moves.
#6: Already considered this, but it only has right around 150 HP, so the Life Orb compared to the Weakness Policy kind of defeats its purpose to survive a hit, and get its attack raised.
Thanks for the input, most of this will be implemented, as I like your ideas.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Mega Evolved Ability: Insomnia
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
IVs are unknown
Psychic / Aura Sphere / Protect / Recover

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
IVs are unknown
Psychic / Future Sight / Morning Sun / Dazzling Gleam

Jolteon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Volt Absorb
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
IVs: 31 SpAtk / 31 Spd / 31 HP / ? SpDef / 31 Atk / ? Def
Thunderbolt / Pin Missile / Shadow Ball / Last Resort

Haxorus @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unnerve
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 Spd / 31 SpAtk / ? Def / ? HP
Dragon Claw / Slash / Swords Dance / Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Mega Evolved Ability: Drought
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
IVs are unknown
Heat Wave / Dragon Rage / Fly / Flamethrower

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Balanced EVs
IVs are unknown
Earthquake / Fire Blast / Blizzard / Thunder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Please, no hating comments. You can post what my team needs/doesn't need, but do NOT post spam hating comments. Nobody likes them, nobody reads them.

I have included a poll for you to vote on what my team needs.
So, what do you think of my team?
Please post your rating on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 is worst, 10 is best)
Like this:
I like/dislike your team because (insert your reason here)
It could use/doesn't need (insert something here)
Overall Rating: (your rating here)/10

This thread is not a month old yet so I can reply. :)

Espeon

Hmm I would recommend switching Psychic on espeon and replace it with Psyshock, so you won't be walled by physical attackers. Also, Morning Sun and future sight are going to work. Espeon is very frail and is not a bulky pokemon.
I recommend replacing morning sun and future sight with calm mind and another coverage move. Also, you might want the ability to be magic bounce instead of synchronize so you can reflect hazards.

Your espeon is a special sweeper, which means leftovers won't aid it. You should add a focus Sash as the item which will guarantee you one hit*** if you don't switch in or the other person doesn't have a priority move.

Jolteon

Pin Missile and let resort are not going to work on jolteon, because it is a special sweeper, and those are physical moves. If you can get Hidden power Ice on jolteon that'd be great, but Remember (special moves only)

Secondly, your jolteon is holding a shell bell, which also won't work.

I think @Alex got the rest down. ^.^

Reactions: Alex
Just once glance at your team makes me smile. I would send out my eviolite chansey and it would be all over for you. Basically your team is all special sweepers

Too much Redundancy, no staying power. All "One trick Ponies". 5/10

I think your biggest problem with movesets is that you aren't really playing to the pokemon's strengths.
Why is there Protect on a physical sweeper like Hax? And why Slash? Night slash, Shadow Claw and Rock Slide not good enough for you?

Why does Charizard Y need heatwave AND flamethrower, and why Dragon Rage over Dragon Pulse? And for that matter, why wouldn't you mega evolve your Charizard Y first thing?

Raquaza actually Doesn't have a single STAB move, and all of the moves it has aren't very reliable. Blizzard Fireblast and Thunder all have sketchy Accuracy, and EQ has a solid counter with any flying type.

With Jolteon, Sub out the physical moves for Volt switch and either Signal Beam or Thunder Wave, And I highly recommend giving him a choice scarf for extra speed.

Magic Bounce Espeon is where it's at, and Psyshock would help cover you Physical deficiency somewhat.

Mewtwo seems pretty decent though.

You also lack any real walls, and only have unreliable status effects. The 30% paralyse on thunder gets even worse with only 70% accuracy, which will be even worse, if Charzard's Sun is still up.

Back