Gen 7 (RUMOR)

• Thread starter Bhanu
  • Start date
Bhanu

Bhanu

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
It is just a rumor and probably is fake I just want to hear your thoughts about it.

A rumour has begun circulating the internet regarding the next instalment in the Pokemon franchise. The next iterations of Pokemon games are supposedly called Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus and are apparently in development for a future Nintendo platform. To be fair the rumour sounds rather far-fetched, but Dual Pixels claim their source has proved correct in the past. You can read all the details about the mysterious project, below.

• GameFreak were one of the first development studios inside Nintendo to receive Alpha-Prototype hardware, now have been upgraded to the Beta-Prototype hardware above.
  • Have a few areas marked out, TONS of concept art traveling between Pokemon Company and Nintendo Co Ltd.
  • GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process.
  • The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”.
  • Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.
  • Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration”
  • New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands.
  • Three new starters with no names: Water evolves into Water/Steel and is a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head. Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look. Grass evolves into a Grass/Electric and starts with a leap for a face with a nubby root as a body and evolves until it grows into an electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face.
  • The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.
  • More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit.
  • The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look.
  • The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries.
  • Routes connection the island together are water bridges but clumps of island are connected together by underwater tunnels.
  • There is a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.
  • Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.
  • Variety of Pokemon Gyms, one is a mail system that only uses flying types and focuses on sky battles. One only uses baby Pokemon, one is implied to be a real vampire and uses Ghost and Dark Pokemon. There is also a military like leader who uses Fire and Steel Pokemon.
  • The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.
  • New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”.
  • The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.
  • Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.
  • Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.
  • Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.

Oh come on I just got my 3DS and they are only going to make one Pokemon game for it? They made four Pokemon games for the DS... I hope this rumor is not true because Pokemon X/Y is partially the reason I bought my Nintendo 3DS.

Reactions: D4rkDragon and Bhanu
I really think that a bunch of this is fake. With that said though, this stuff is entirely possible given that a bunch of people thought that the leaks from earlier in the year were fake haha

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST and Bhanu
Sounds so fake...xD wow.

Reactions: Bhanu and ShinyLatios
lol fake some parts not fake some parts but it sounds cool - i hope the make more 3 d.s. pokemon games though - i just got my 3 d.s. and bought it just to play pokemon
sounds good though - but i hope we don't have to wait forever for it haha

Reactions: Bhanu
Like @xXAwesomeDudeXx said, many people bought the 3DS for X/Y. That would be a shame if Nintendo was going to release the 7th Gen on another platform.
More, perhaps they could do it on WiiU, since she has the built-in cell shading. And for all the innovations, it could fit a WiiU Disk.

Actually, I think it's a fake. There's good ideas, but the "for the next console" thing annoys me.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx, POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST and Bhanu
Like @xXAwesomeDudeXx said, many people bought the 3DS for X/Y. That would be a shame if Nintendo was going to release the 7th Gen on another platform.
More, perhaps they could do it on WiiU, since she has the built-in cell shading. And for all the innovations, it could fit a WiiU Disk.

Actually, I think it's a fake. There's good ideas, but the "for the next console" thing annoys me.

but a wii u is soooooo expensive

Me too... If they actually did that I would litteraly go to the headquarters and yell at Satoru Shibata.

It is really not that expensive if you just go to the USA and buy one there... I have an american carte credit so I just went to the USA I bought a Wii U for $299.99 and came back to Europe, and now I just buy games off of the eShop, Also the plug for the Wii U says 110V but it is really 110v-250v.

Me too... If they actually did that I would litteraly go to the headquarters and yell at Satoru Shibata.

It is really not that expensive if you just go to the USA and buy one there... I have an american carte credit so I just went to the USA I bought a Wii U for $299.99 and came back to Europe, and now I just buy games off of the eShop, Also the plug for the Wii U says 110V but it is really 110v-250v.

I understand what Pokemon Master Strategist meant by "expensive", if you look at the price of the WiiU in France. Nintendo loves too much 1 <-> 1 conversion.

As for the game, I highly doubt that Nintendo is actually planning of releasing a console, and even more games for it now.

Some said that about 3DS, but that didn't stop them

I don't think a Region Locked console that only works with North America games would be worth it for @POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST

In all seriousness though, I doubt the validity of this information given that the main series pokemon games are meant to be on handhelds, not consoles.

Some said that about 3DS, but that didn't stop them

I don't think a Region Locked console that only works with North America games would be worth it for @POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST

In all seriousness though, I doubt the validity of this information given that the main series pokemon games are meant to be on handhelds, not consoles.

Yeah. No pokemon game has ever been on a console (main series i mean) That's what led me to believe that it's all fake. And the 3DS is in its prime. I doubt Game Freak would only make one game for the system.

Yeah. No pokemon game has ever been on a console (main series i mean) That's what led me to believe that it's all fake. And the 3DS is in its prime. I doubt Game Freak would only make one game for the system.
Yeah, the only thing I could *possibly* see them doing is have two versions of a spin-off game like XD Gale of Darkness. If it was like that THEN it'd make some sense I guess

Yeah, the only thing I could *possibly* see them doing is have two versions of a spin-off game like XD Gale of Darkness. If it was like that THEN it'd make some sense I guess

XD was awesome, sure that it would do a lot of sales if they plan to release a spin-off like XD.

No. Just no. Even Game Freak couldn't this stuff so early in the development. You practically said whole story of the game, all starters ,legendaries, it's not that easy to think of all of this, it would take a month or two to think something to make the announcement only....

No. Just no. Even Game Freak couldn't this stuff so early in the development. You practically said whole story of the game, all starters ,legendaries, it's not that easy to think of all of this, it would take a month or two to think something to make the announcement only....

Yeah. One more point for the "it's fake" argument. It takes a while for Nintendo and GameFreak (even if they have thousands of employees) to design the legendaries and the starters.

Only a spin-off would take a small amount of time to design the characters, and even, I'm generous here.

to be fair though, they could have different development teams within GameFreak working on it at the moment. Nintendo had a similar thing in which they had a team working on Zelda U while Wind Waker HD was being worked on. With that said though, Wind Waker HD was no doubt an easier project given that it had less work entailed with all the work involving story and all having already been done for it

to be fair though, they could have different development teams within GameFreak working on it at the moment. Nintendo had a similar thing in which they had a team working on Zelda U while Wind Waker HD was being worked on. With that said though, Wind Waker HD was no doubt an easier project given that it had less work entailed with all the work involving story and all having already been done for it

Yeah, they have 5 R&D labs, so they can easily design/research about games, even though that they are very discrete about the games they develop in these labs. And originally, Wind Waker HD was made because the developers had fun casting HD lights on the surfaces of the game.

Also, instead of developing Gen 7, I guess that they must focus on PokeBank.

Yeah, they have 5 R&D labs, so they can easily design/research about games, even though that they are very discrete about the games they develop in these labs. And originally, Wind Waker HD was made because the developers had fun casting HD lights on the surfaces of the game.

Also, instead of developing Gen 7, I guess that they must focus on PokeBank.
Yeah exactly, so it's very possible for them to be considering stuff like this for 'fun"

I don't think Pokebank would take away from work on Gen 7 or whatever they're working on right now. The thing is, going back to the different development team theory, they don't need EVERYONE working on Pokebank. They could still work on the next game while having a group of people focused on Pokebank. Pokebank is a technical issue, not a Pokemon issue if you think about it.

Back