Get paid playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons

• Thread starter Trazzers
  • Start date
Trazzers

Trazzers

Animal Crosser
Towns Folk
Reactions: Deepak
Seems a bit sketch honestly. It seems more like a tool to drive traffic to their site and to collect data. A single person out of all the applicants will supposedly get selected to actually get the money. So basically, you're better off playing the lottery.

The money they'd get from traffic, publicity and data collection would amount to a lot more then $1k. Not to mention this: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/compensation-methodology basically, affiliate links and services which the traffic and publicity would make them much more money.

• Informative
Reactions: James, Jisenku, Mizunil and 2 others
Offering 1000 USD sounds like a lot, but for highspeedinternet.com, it really isn't. I've read the entire page over and over again, and I've noticed that:

A. They ask you to use their service and tell them your download speed/ Internet speed.

B. They can use ads while people are watching to earn MORE money; and

C. This is basically publicity for the website which, just like me, may lure other people to look at their other stuff

But on the other hand, they also seem to have good intentions, as it is also stated that anyone hired by highspeedinternet.com or anyone connected to it cannot enter. As well as the obvious fact that they're giving the people an opportunity to earn 1000 USD just for playing Animal Crossing. They also mentioned that they plan on "making the experience a little sweeter for one Animal Crossing fan, and hopefully it’ll make the pandemic pass by just a little easier." Although I don't live in the Utah or anywhere else in the USA, I do appreciate that they seem to be ligitimately making other people happy while making money themselves.

Reactions: Jisenku
I would really love to do this but the chances of getting chosen are really small. I remember seeing a similar thing somewhere else where you get paid to binge watch "the office".

I would really love to do this but the chances of getting chosen are really small. I remember seeing a similar thing somewhere else where you get paid to binge watch "the office".
Why would you get paid to binge watch the office? I can't think of a reason people would pay someone to do that. Except of course if it's also for publicity. Initially, I thought you would record yourself bing watching the office, but that just sounds dumb. You're just sitting on your couch like a potato and then there's this webcam on top of your TV. I also just realized that the same applies to this getting paid to play Animal Crossing thing. If they would record your footage, you'll probably need a Capture Card, but on the website, it doesn't say that you'll need a capture card. Only a Switch or Switch Lite and a copy of Animal Crossing. So they'll either send you a capture card, or basically just give you the 1000 USD and go wow, you won congrats or something.

Why would you get paid to binge watch the office? I can't think of a reason people would pay someone to do that. Except of course if it's also for publicity. Initially, I thought you would record yourself bing watching the office, but that just sounds dumb. You're just sitting on your couch like a potato and then there's this webcam on top of your TV. I also just realized that the same applies to this getting paid to play Animal Crossing thing. If they would record your footage, you'll probably need a Capture Card, but on the website, it doesn't say that you'll need a capture card. Only a Switch or Switch Lite and a copy of Animal Crossing. So they'll either send you a capture card, or basically just give you the 1000 USD and go wow, you won congrats or something.
You had to take a survey in between every couple episodes too.
https://www.insider.com/get-paid-to-watch-the-office-application-2020-3

It’s gotta be some kind of ad agency or something. I can’t wrap my mind around why they would pay people to play a game that’s already so popular.

I would jump at the chance to do it, but the time commitment and requirements have to be more than meets the eye on this, otherwise they would have way too many respondents than they anticipated. I know from experience that if something seems too good to be true, you can bet it’s got more to it.

Last edited:
It’s gotta be some kind of ad agency or so something. I can’t wrap my mind around why they would pay people to play a game that’s already so popular.

I would jump at the chance to do it, but the time commitment and requirements have to be more than meets the eye on this, otherwise they would have way too many respondents than they anticipated. I know from experience that if something seems too good to be true, you can bet it’s got more to it.

Touché. And true enough, seems like there's no news/update on who won or who was chosen for the "job" even though they supposedly chose someone a week ago. Seems like Sky was right about them just looking to gain traffic and publicity!

Now that's a Facebook move!

• Funny
Reactions: Trazzers
Back