Get started on Mario......

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
What made you start playing Mario games? Like, who introduced you to them? How did your obsession with Mario get it's start?

Mine started when my parents bought a NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) for the whole family and brought it home (posted a picture of one below). Ever since I've had that first console (it came the first Mario game, by the way), I've been hooked. The first Playstation didn't come out till I was already a teenager (I think I was about 8th or 9th grade then) and the first Xbox didn't come out till I was out of high school already. By then it was too late because I had already been playing Nintendo for a while.

250px-NES-Console-Set.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Same here. My first Mario games was the original on the NES, but I didn't really get into the series until Super Mario World (Probably because I was older) after that I've played every single Mario side-scroller and continue to do so :)

I don't remember playing any really old NES Mario games. I was really young at the time, so I don't remember if I did or not. xD

The SNES game got me into the series. They made a few. Super Mario Bros. 3 would be my favorite, along with Yoshi's Island.

I used to play mario on my Atari device
Then I staied a long time without playing it after I bought my ps1
And when I bought my first Nintendo I started to play it again

i started to play mario in 2005-6 when my father gave me tv video game as birthday gift and i still love to play mario games on computer.

Nice topic!

Oddly enough, I got started on Mario when I played Double Dash with a friend at a sleepover. She did the driving, I did the item throwing. xD It was so much fun! After that, I asked my parents for a Gamecube and nearly bought every GCN Mario game available.

Back