Getting AC tomorrow! Any suggestions?

• Thread starter manugutir
  • Start date
manugutir

manugutir

Humble Tactician
Towns Folk
I'm finally getting the game and I'd love to read some advices or some facts I must know before starting the game. Thank you in advance!

There's not a lot of *need* to know stuff, just personal preferences!

Although, looking up the Face Guide is definitely needed. You are asked questions at the beginning of the game and your answers determine your face for the rest of the game. Some faces are horrible. You'll thank me for recommending the face guide. :p

You'll also get to pick a town layout. Some folks say it's best to get a town with only one or two ponds and not very many permanent rocks because that'll help with PWP placements (PWP = Public Works Projects which are basically buildings, benches, street lights, just things that as the mayor you can put in your town to spice it up!) it's also recommended to get a town with a beach that can be reached from both sides. (Ramps lead to the beaches) that is totally preference though. Only one of my beaches has a path leading to it and I'm okay with that. When you get the wetsuit you can swim to the other beach.

Some people like to reset until they find perfect villagers, but again, that's preference. They'll move out eventually. :p I'd just aim for a town with a nice layout and not worry about the villagers.

The first few in-game days are slow. You don't have many shops, you don't have many tools, you don't have a lot of fruits to plant, and it's full of introductions from shop owners. But it gets better! You can switch the clock in this game so you could theoretically play an in-game week in one day. The game is set for real time and so if you don't wish to Time Travel (change the clocks) it's a game you usually only play for about an hour.

There's no issue with Time Traveling, some people say it ruins the game since it was created to be played in Real Time, but it's totally up to you. The only negative affects that I can think of is you time travel too much and villagers move away. That can be avoided as long as you stay on each day long enough for a villager to ask if they should move or not.

Uhmmmmmm... Oh! Remember! Your characters name and your town name is permanent! Sometimes games let you edit town names and things after the fact, but this game does not! So pick something you like. Also keep in mind when you play online people do see your town name.

I think that's all the stuff you should know just going into the game. :) there are other tips for different aspects of the game (getting PWPS, picking a villagers house spot, glitches etc) I hope you enjoy the game! It's my favourite 3DS game. :)

Reactions: manugutir
There's not a lot of *need* to know stuff, just personal preferences!

Although, looking up the Face Guide is definitely needed. You are asked questions at the beginning of the game and your answers determine your face for the rest of the game. Some faces are horrible. You'll thank me for recommending the face guide. :p

You'll also get to pick a town layout. Some folks say it's best to get a town with only one or two ponds and not very many permanent rocks because that'll help with PWP placements (PWP = Public Works Projects which are basically buildings, benches, street lights, just things that as the mayor you can put in your town to spice it up!) it's also recommended to get a town with a beach that can be reached from both sides. (Ramps lead to the beaches) that is totally preference though. Only one of my beaches has a path leading to it and I'm okay with that. When you get the wetsuit you can swim to the other beach.

Some people like to reset until they find perfect villagers, but again, that's preference. They'll move out eventually. :p I'd just aim for a town with a nice layout and not worry about the villagers.

The first few in-game days are slow. You don't have many shops, you don't have many tools, you don't have a lot of fruits to plant, and it's full of introductions from shop owners. But it gets better! You can switch the clock in this game so you could theoretically play an in-game week in one day. The game is set for real time and so if you don't wish to Time Travel (change the clocks) it's a game you usually only play for about an hour.

There's no issue with Time Traveling, some people say it ruins the game since it was created to be played in Real Time, but it's totally up to you. The only negative affects that I can think of is you time travel too much and villagers move away. That can be avoided as long as you stay on each day long enough for a villager to ask if they should move or not.

Uhmmmmmm... Oh! Remember! Your characters name and your town name is permanent! Sometimes games let you edit town names and things after the fact, but this game does not! So pick something you like. Also keep in mind when you play online people do see your town name.

I think that's all the stuff you should know just going into the game. :) there are other tips for different aspects of the game (getting PWPS, picking a villagers house spot, glitches etc) I hope you enjoy the game! It's my favourite 3DS game. :)

Thank you so much for telling me these facts! :D It sounds like a really fun game, I really hope to enjoy it a lot!

Asides also from that of what Chesire said , the first of the first of things that you may want to do first is work on perfecting your town so that you get better at it and understand the concept of the game , which is really very easy of course .

Then after that there are some Animal Crossing fellows here at 3ds pedia so don't be afraid to ask them for their friend codes and stuff because it is very fun to visit each others villages \: D /

Alongside what Jacknoir12 and Cheshire_Cat0 said, whenever you start, talk to all your neighbors and then see Isabelle. Talk to her repeatedly and she will ask for favors and give you hints on what you can do. Continue to do all of her chores and such and she will give you a watering can. The watering can is used to water your plants and the next day, there's a chance a new color of the flower is made. I suggest you gather all of your flowers up and place all of one type in one area like I did. Water all your flowers every day.

Whenever you get a shovel, 500 bells at Nookling, hit all your rocks in town. One will be a gem you can either sell or keep for Cyrus. Cyrus will take your gems and use them to make your furniture a different color and such. Cyrus isn't in the beginning of the game so I wouldn't worry about it, although I would save up your gems. Also, everyday in town there is a permanent rock in town that gives you bells each time you hit it. I'd advise you dig holes behind you so you don't miss chances to hit it because every time you hit the rock or any object, it will push you back. Talk with your neighbors whenever you can, they will give you favors and things to do and sometimes will give you random items out of nowhere.

When Isabelle asks you if you'd like to try but catching or fishing first, I would go with fishing, it is the easiest.
I hope this helps, if you need anything like tools and such, I can get them for you if you like.

Alongside what Jacknoir12 and Cheshire_Cat0 said, whenever you start, talk to all your neighbors and then see Isabelle. Talk to her repeatedly and she will ask for favors and give you hints on what you can do. Continue to do all of her chores and such and she will give you a watering can. The watering can is used to water your plants and the next day, there's a chance a new color of the flower is made. I suggest you gather all of your flowers up and place all of one type in one area like I did. Water all your flowers every day.

Whenever you get a shovel, 500 bells at Nookling, hit all your rocks in town. One will be a gem you can either sell or keep for Cyrus. Cyrus will take your gems and use them to make your furniture a different color and such. Cyrus isn't in the beginning of the game so I wouldn't worry about it, although I would save up your gems. Also, everyday in town there is a permanent rock in town that gives you bells each time you hit it. I'd advise you dig holes behind you so you don't miss chances to hit it because every time you hit the rock or any object, it will push you back. Talk with your neighbors whenever you can, they will give you favors and things to do and sometimes will give you random items out of nowhere.

When Isabelle asks you if you'd like to try but catching or fishing first, I would go with fishing, it is the easiest.
I hope this helps, if you need anything like tools and such, I can get them for you if you like.
Excellent! Thanks for the advices!
By the way, I actually found it easier catching than fishing lol

Excellent! Thanks for the advices!
By the way, I actually found it easier catching than fishing lol
Indeed, it mostly depends on what season it is. Since bugs don't appear in more variety then fish.

You have made a very good choice on obtaining animal corssing man! Although I still do not own this game I owuld love to own it personally because it just looks like such a good game, I am currently saving up my play coins on this site to get it, so far I roughly have 90 but I think I am detirmined enough to get it if I try hard enough, I'm still planning ahead and wondering what to name my town and everything xD but you made a very good choice and just make sure you shake every tree at the start of each day and plant your fruits and the basics, again you made a very good choice on getting this game and I will contact you when I have also got it

You have made a very good choice on obtaining animal corssing man! Although I still do not own this game I owuld love to own it personally because it just looks like such a good game, I am currently saving up my play coins on this site to get it, so far I roughly have 90 but I think I am detirmined enough to get it if I try hard enough, I'm still planning ahead and wondering what to name my town and everything xD but you made a very good choice and just make sure you shake every tree at the start of each day and plant your fruits and the basics, again you made a very good choice on getting this game and I will contact you when I have also got it
Sure, tell me when you get it so we can play!

Sure, tell me when you get it so we can play!
Haha.. in all honesty I dont think that'll be anytime soon, Ill try my best to have enough play coins for it by the end of June :/ as you can probably tell I extended that last post as long as I can so I can get that 5 sentece bonus xD

Before you start, please use the face guide here-
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/face-guide/
Please choose the face you want VERY carefully, You could be able to change your hair later in the game, but not your face.
Second- Choose the position of your house VERY carefully. You will regret it later if you don't.
Third- There will be a perfect fruit inone tree in the beginning of the game. DO NOT sell or eat it. It is very valuable!!! Plant it to get a perfect fruit tree

I reccomend to just take your time. This was made to be a nice relaxing game. So, dont skip through all the chatter. It can be amusing at times. Also, position your house carefully. Its great that your getting the game!!! Always good to know more players are starting to play the game! :)

Back