Getting Started Tips For Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation is the new free-to-play SMT game on mobile.

I thought I should start a guide to help people kick the game off without being a complete noob.

Use GEMS to summon 3-5 star demons ASAP

JFG0nD4.jpg

If you have gems (I know when you started the game, you got some bonus gems to use), use them at the summoning portal when it becomes available to summon 3-5 star demons.

Hideout -> Summoning Portal

I haven't used gems on anything else besides summoning and being revived, so from my experience, I found gems worth using for summons instead of elemental summoning cards / magnetite / etc (they aren't really worth it). Instead of wasting time leveling up weak demons, you can start off with powerful demons that will eventually grow much stronger than demons you might recruit at the beginning of the game.

The higher the grade of a demon, the better its stats will be. Try to get demons with good skills from summons (if they have a skill you may never need and it's not transferable, best not to use it).

Farm For FAME

xLaMbZg.jpg

You can use any of the following to rack up FAME:
  • On the map -> story, find character symbols and press "Praise / Encourage".
  • When going into battle, use a friend's support demon.
  • Go to the Liberator's HQ and select Missions. Find specific missions that award FAME.
  • During a battle, randomly help another player out by using up one of your skills to help their battle.
  • When crawling the aura gate, avenge fallen souls.
Awaken, Evolve and Enhance Demons

oVFSN19.jpg

As you progress through the story of the game, you will unlock the following at the Hideout -> Pandemonium.

1st unlock: Enhance
2nd unlock: Awaken
3rd unlock: Evolve (only unlocks when you max out a demon's level)

Enhancing, awakening and evolving demons will make them stronger. You will want to do all three to make your demons as strong as possible for battle.

Enhancing - helps with leveling up a demon.
Awakening - unlocks locked skills from the demon and increases its stats.
Evolving - resets a demon's stats and level to LV1 but grants it another star, better stats and a higher level cap.

Take Advantage of Auto Quest for Level Grinding & Item Farming

iDYHEaj.png

If you need to level up your demons without doing it yourself, Auto Quest is the perfect way to do so. Of course, it consumes your stamina but you can rebuild it after some time has passed.
  1. Go to a leveling quest (I prefer Chapter 1 HARD level quest).
  2. Select it and choose if you want to use a support demon or not.
  3. Tap "Auto Quest", select the settings and hit "Battle".
Sit back and watch while your demons grow in level. Up to 8 demons can be leveled at a time - the four demons in your party and the 4 demons from the other character on the screen when choosing characters/demons to use in battle.

I might add more to this because there might be certain things I forgot :n-guzma:

Last edited:
Reactions: AricAttack
Here is my tip:
Get a friend with a OP demon and is active. Anytime you get stuck you can use it each hour.
Cheeze tactics for win

Here is my tip:
Get a friend with a OP demon and is active. Anytime you get stuck you can use it each hour.
Cheeze tactics for win
It's already included :

"When going into battle, use a friend's support demon."

Knocking down two birds with one stone.

It's already included :

"When going into battle, use a friend's support demon."

Knocking down two birds with one stone.
It has to be OP tho.
(This was mostly a joke)

Just added "Take Advantage of Auto Quest for Level Grinding & Item Farming".

Great way to level up your demons fast and get items along the way~

Back