Getting the Effect Extender Kinsect

• Thread starter Iridium Winter
  • Start date
Iridium Winter

Iridium Winter

The Competent Ranger
Banned User
I couldn't find a text-based version of this (some people like being able to read it instead of just playing and pausing a video), so I decided I'd steal from a youtube video copy the steps here. I got my info from:
So credit goes to Melfchuah (links to his channel and twitch in the description of the vid)

Anyways, here is the list of items:
3 Huskberries
6 Needleberries
16 Might Seeds
3 Demondrug
5 Mega Demondrug
8 Might Pills
3 Worms
2 Fluttlerflies
2 Monster Bone Small
1 Monster Bone Large
2 Monster Bone+
1 Monster Keenbone
2 Monster Hardbone
2 Elder Dragon Bones
1 Massive Bone
1 Heavy Monster Bone
3 Fey Wyvern Bones
2 Giant Elder Dragon Bones
5 Monster Essence

39 Power +2 Bug Feeds
18 Stamina +2 Feeds
47 Speed +2 Feeds

Note that those are just parts that are for every Insect Glaive, and, just like all the other weapons, there are monster specific parts needed.
Another thing to note is that while the bugs do branch out, if you follow this, you'll only be able to select one of the paths, so don't worry about that.

Anyways, first you'll need the Insect Glaive, then go to the Man and select upgrade.
First you'll feed it nectars, you will go in this order (yes, this is going to be repetitive): 9 Power+ Nectars, upgrade (3 Huskberries, 3 Worms), feed 8 more Power+ Nectars, upgrade again (2 Monster specific part types, 2 Monster Bone S, 6 Needleberries), so continuing on:
8 Power+ (Upgrade is: 1 Monster Bone L, 4 Might Seed)
5 Power+ (Upgrade is: 2 Monster specific part types, 2 Monster Bone+, 5 Might Seeds)
5 Power+ (Upgrade is: 1 Monster Keenbone, 7 Might Seeds)
5 Power+ (Upgrade is: 2 Monster specific part types, 2 Monster Hardbones, 3 Demondrugs don't do drugs, kids)

Now we go to Speed:
5 Speed+ (Upgrade is: 2 Elderdragon Bones, 5 Mega Demondrugs)
5 Speed+ (Upgrade is: 2 Monster specific part types, 1 Massive Bone, 3 Might Pills)
9 Speed+ (Upgrade is: 1 Heavy Monster Bone, 5 Might Pills)

Onto Stamina (note that Stamina decreases Power, but you aren't gonna be doing much damage with your bug anyways, so don't worry):
18 Stamina+ [Note: You can add more stamina, but it isn't required and it drops your attack by a good chunk and it doesn't make your Stamina stat increase, wasting those Power Nectars from earlier DON't BE WASTEFUL!]
(Upgrade for that is: although earlier I noted that you wouldn't worry about bug paths, here is the exception... go with the second one, despite how butt ugly it is, it's the one with Effect Extender)

Alright, you now have Effect Extender, you can really do whatever you want with your skills now, though pumping into Speed is recommended so that it is easier to get the juices.
Happy hunting! :)

Nice information,if i do get the game i'll be checking here very often till then i'll just keep playing some other game since i had to delete the demo to download a bigger game.If i had the chance to get the game i will btw the insect glavive is very hard to control .

Nice information,if i do get the game i'll be checking here very often till then i'll just keep playing some other game since i had to delete the demo to download a bigger game.If i had the chance to get the game i will btw the insect glavive is very hard to control .
It's easy once you get used to it.

BILBOBRIX

Back