GFX - as a profession?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
would you take up GFX as a profession? as a day job where you can get paid for your work? Would you consider it, if your pieces are decent enough? or would you rather provide GFX to your customers for free? for example on forums?

I personally wouldn't, graphic design doesn't interest me much. My brother, however, is getting his degree in Graphic Design this year.

I would be fine with that, as I like graphical designing and rendering. I have some experience with OpenGL rendering, and I can do basic functions like lighting and texturing.

I can't even draw well, let alone design graphics. And I don't think I'd enjoy it much as a profession. No, I wouldn't have it. :panda:

I can draw lol but absolutely hate coloring lol I like them black and white anyways lol

i dont know i doing it on my free time for free. i feel adding money would add to much presser making it not fun

Reactions: Mikaya
Yeah, I hate added pressure, but some of my best stuff comes from requests because I actually try harder to impress.

Also, If I could make money from this, would be cool...but I'm not that good, and wont ever try to become a professional cause I do this for fun, and only Anime/Game sigs and stuff. I hate using real life/human renders, and I cant do abstract for my life.

I respect the people in web design though..some of the stuff they come up with are pretty awesome.

Back