glitchy games that screwed up your system?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ok, so i know the title probably doesnt seem to make sense, but i swear this happened to me before. anyways, here's what happened to me.

i had bought jaws ultimate predator for the wii. it was pretty fun, but i soon realized that mysteriously, the glitchiness of the game got to the rest of my system. the internet browser would lock up (controlls became completely unresponsive), the game itself crashed numerous times, and all kinds of bad things with all of this came as well.

so, the way i came to the conclusion that it was indeed the game causing all of this was simply by erasing the game data on the wii itself. after that....everything was back to normal. i know this sounds like bullcrap, but i swear this is true. forgive me if it does. but trying to figure out exactly what the issue was here for a while, was like a scavenger hunt. it took me forever to find the source of the issue.

so, did any of you have the bad luck of buying a game so glitchy it literally friks-up your entire system? cuz thats exactly what happened to me here. so....dont buy this game.

When the demo for Code Name: STEAM came out on the 3ds eshop I downloaded it the same day it came out. On the last level of the demo if you shot next to an enemy while standing on top of a crate the entire 3ds would crash! strange random lines of color would flash across the screen and then the system would turn black.NOTE they have patched this, it was only in the first release of the demo. I was really worried when this happened to me as I thought that my 3ds was completely ruined, but thankfully it was just a really large glitch.

Besides making the game crash and glitch, I think it's impossible to ruin the console in any way, since it runs on a completely separate core that has no access to the main system functions, so, nothing that can brick the 3ds unless it exploits system vulnerabilities (which is impossible unless they deliberately wanted it to) and accesses the security core and system functions.

This is a really dumb glitch that I did on my Wii.
Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
What I attempted to do: I wanted to use Cloud Luigi to see if I could do an infinite orbit around the Starship Mario
What happened: So I got Cloud Luigi to get into orbit by doing an angled homing attack on one of the Lumas, and bouncing off that thing sent me flying around the Starship. I was actually planning to record it for a bit because I thought it was so cool (I thought I could just ground pound back to the ship after I was done) but then after Luigi completed a 2nd Orbit the entire game crashed. Actually even the system crashed as well, I couldn't turn off the system or reset it, but rather I had to unplug the Wii to fix the problem. I looked it up later and realized that people actually tried doing the infinite orbit like me and got the same results.

My data was still safe after that entire phenomena so in the end I really just wasted about an hour trying to do something that I thought would have been a cool stunt and also the time I thought I completely ruined my SMG2 and Wii by doing so. :)

Lego Pirates of the Carribien (On the Wii). So I was playing with my brother having a grand old time, and we figured out that the major secrets were only possible to get to if you had Blackbeard. So we took on the challenge of the final level, and surprise, it froze and let out this beeeeeeeee until we unpluged it.

And I have a second story to tell... This one is about my Wii U.
I binge watched Markiplier and Jacksepticeye for a total of... 10-12 hours and my Wii U overheated, froze and let out the beeeeee. Long story short I had to unplug it as well.

I do remember myself of sometimes that my Wii has crashed and was left with a beeping sound afterwards,but they didn't crash the system.However,one faithful day,and my original Wii has met with an unfortunate tragedy. :(
One day,I went back to playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl,as I usually did.Typically,I wasn't suspecting anything,until it said that it couldn't read the disc.I wasn't too desperate,so I cleaned up the disc,and guess what,nothing happened.Then I went to put in other Wii games I had like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii,but again,it just said that my console doesn't recognize them.It was clear to me then that my Wii couldn't read any discs anymore.All gone,and no more functions for it.'Twas a sad day,it was. :unsure:
Today I own another Wii I've received from my dad on Chrismas that came along with Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games,and so far,it still works like a dream.I still do keep my original Wii in a box,even if I have almost no use for it anymore. :coffee:

Sanik 06, it made me sell my xbax and never get back to it even if it was my first game on it i was done after playing 2 hours of that mounstruosity i got my money back from the store a day after buyigng it sending microsoft an email about how their product was crap and how they needed to license goos games instead of sanik 06 and not license any bad sanik title b4 trying it and dont license just for da money ( i was a dumb 6 yr old)

It didn't really screw up my system, But this one in codename steam demo happened to me just like atack man:
I was on the final level, Then just like it did to atack man I got on a box and fired my gun, But then my 3ds beeped and crashed on me with lines, It hasn't happened to me since and I recently beat the demo, But the crash scared me because I wasn't sure what I did wrong and if I broke my system.

The worst glitch I experienced was in Mario Kart for the N64. I was playing the game at a friends house. I ran into a wall with my Kart (mind you, I'm a terrible driver) but pretty deeply, half of my Kart was gone. I got stuck. The view just showed the rear of the Kart wiggling and I just couldn't get out. even reverse didn't work. After some tries my friend miraculously got me out. the system didn't get screwy or anything but it still weirds me out.

If you used the random terrain generator on any of the Lego games (back when they had a level creator), the Wii would go nuts and lock up about 75% of the time. The TV would emit a high-pitched buzzing noise, and the game would completely freeze. As a matter of fact, this happened even outside of the level creator, and sometimes extended out to the main game and home screen as well.

Thankfully, this has never happened to me, but I've always been worried about games that would essentially brick my system, especially back when I was a kid. Again, thankfully, it never happened - my worries were for naught.

The glitchiest game I ever played, though, was LEGO Star War II: The Original Trilogy for the DS, but those were mainly graphical glitches and didn't spread throughout the system, or ones that would generally mess around with the physics and prevent progress - it was borderline unplayable and I never completed it.

Still, I managed to enjoy the game, somehow. Kids are so very easily entertained.

Back