Glory of Generals to be launched on July 3rd in NA (eShop Title)

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Circle Entertainment finally released a date for Glory of Generals, it is said to hit North American eShop on July 3rd.

This is what we know about Glory of Generals so far:
  • Features 64 campaigns between 1939 and 1945
  • These include the Western front, Eastern front, North Africa and Antarctica
  • Upgrade bases, repair troops and get promoted to marshal
  • Call upon 102 famous generals for help
  • Eisenhower, Rommel, Patton and Zhukov are among the generals
  • Master the complexities of combat
  • Game has different tactics
  • Armored troops move slowly in the mountains and Infantry can construct buildings that can defend against tanks and artillery
  • Over 15 countries to choose from
  • In Legion mode, play as any playable general on any battlefield
  • 100 hours of gameplay contents
glory_of_generals.jpg

Yeah, it looks really cool as a turn-based game :). Although I wish Circle Entertainment would stop making all these war games (we've already had World Conquerer 3D, European Conquerer 3D and now we're getting Glory of Generals) and start making anime-styled games again. :( I want to see Chilia (the character in my current avatar and Circle Ent.'s unofficial mascot) in another game :cat:

Reactions: TAG
Yeah I'm kind of looking forward to it after I just discovered it's existence yesterday.

PS: @Spinnerweb I thought that was a chibi version of Lightining from FF XIII, haha don't hurt me!

Reactions: 18
This game seem lames

This game seem lames
Why though? I mean, you must have a solid reason for calling it lame. :panda:

Man, I'm pretty interested in this game. I've always like strategy games, and something with a historical context seems like something new for the 3DS. I think I'll have to look at some gameplay videos first, and decide if it's worth the cost, but just from a couple screenshots, I can tell it's something I'd really like to play.

EDIT: Received a 4/10 from Nintendo Life so looks like it's just another piece of shovelware.

While that may be true, it seems like the general consensus is that this game just isn't good. He mentions that there are plenty of missions that can take up to an hour so the content is there. I guess if you want to give it a chance, you could, but $10 is not something I want to pay for a poorly reviewed game. European Conqueror 3D is mentioned as a cheap and better alternative, but it looks really similar to a flash game I've played before.

Back