Glover 64

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya guys! P2.0 here coming atcha with a game that probably a lot of you haven't played, or even heard of. :eek: And that game... Is Glover!
Glover is a game that came out on the N64, and I think PC as well. But we're gonna stick to the N64 in this topic. :p

The story starts like this: In a castle with magic crystals on its towers, lives a wizard who's trying to make a magic potion~ No one really knows what it's supposed to be, but he's doing it. :p
Anyway, he grabs the wrong ones, and there's an incident! The thing blows up in his face, and the big guy falls through the floor! D:
Btw, he's wearing magic gloves when he was mixing, and they fling off when he falls through the floor. :hilarious: ( Sorry, that's still kinda funny, lol )

One glove falls into the caldron, and the other flings out the window. And that's Glover. :3
When he stands up to get his bearings, the castle goes haywire, and it, as well as the everything basically looks like when Ganondorf takes over Hyrule. D:
In the chaos, the all-important crystals fling off, and are about to shatter!
But Glover transforms them into rubber balls, sending them bouncing into different structures.

As for the other glove, it emerges from the caldron, black and stitched. :vamp: It is known as Cross-Stitch, the villain of the game.
When Glover enters in the castle, he finds out that the wizard has been turned into a statue due to the potion.
He must gather the 6 crystals to restore the wizard, and fix the world!

...And that's about it. :D Any questions?

Reactions: DarkSSJShinji
That sounds like a weird and crazy game. I like the sounds of it actually xD

Reactions: P2.0
Huh.. so the glove is the protagionist? Interesting storyline... but did Glover like being worn?

That sounds like a weird and crazy game. I like the sounds of it actually xD
It's a pretty good, simple controls, and yet, it has moments where balance is everything. I bet you'd have a great time going through the game, or going back to levels to just play around. :p

Huh.. so the glove is the protagionist? Interesting storyline... but did Glover like being worn?
I think he did, cuz he wouldn't have tried so hard to turn the wizard back to normal, y'know?
But it's weird, you'd think that a sentient glove, able to cast spells and use potions would be glad to be off a hand, and just go nuts.
But I guess the wizard treated him nicely. :)

I’ve heard of Glover 64, it’s a game I want for Christmas.

Whoa, never heard of this game before! But, after hearing about if, it sounds like a pretty fun little adventure! I can’t imagine a glove being the main protagonist, but hey, there you go! :p

If you do have an N64, I definitely recommend getting Glover. Or if you need some convincing, just pull up a vid! It may be strange at first, but I promise you'll be hooked in no time!

Plus, the soundtrack is pleasantly delightful~ :D You'll most likely find one that you'll be humming throughout the day!

Reactions: Shiny and Samster
Ah, Glover. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this game. :woot:
I recall just messing around in the over-world hub and changing the crystals into different
ball shapes. Oh yeah, you forgot to mention the game mechanics! :giggle:

With each crystal, you can change their forms into a rubber ball, a ball bearing, and a bowling ball.
The rubber ball is the most commonly used form for playing the levels. You can roll it, bounce it, throw it,
dribble it, and in some cases, use it as a trampoline! Not to mention you can balance yourself on the ball
and walk around throughout the entire game this way. (Note: You can choose to play without the
ball and fist slam enemies and activate switches to move forward, but you must complete the level, ball in hand.) :p

As for the other ball forms, the physics are a bit different for each of them.
The ball bearing is the smallest form and helps with more precise shots when slapping
and throwing the ball, it's even magnetic! The bowling ball is the largest and is good for defeating enemies.
Also, both the ball bearing and bowling sink underwater, whereas the rubber ball and crystal ball float.

There are 3 levels and 1 bonus stage in each of the 6 worlds. To access the bonus stages,
you collect these cards called Garibs throughout the levels. Also, as an added challenge, you can receive double
the points
by collecting the cards while having the ball in its original crystal form.
(Warning: If you mishandle the crystal ball in ANY way, it will break, thus, costing you 1 life.)

Oh, but don't take my word for it, see the game-play for yourself!

Ah, Glover. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this game. :woot:
I recall just messing around in the over-world hub and changing the crystals into different
ball shapes. Oh yeah, you forgot to mention the game mechanics! :giggle:

With each crystal, you can change their forms into a rubber ball, a ball bearing, and a bowling ball.
The rubber ball is the most commonly used form for playing the levels. You can roll it, bounce it, throw it,
dribble it, and in some cases, use it as a trampoline! Not to mention you can balance yourself on the ball
and walk around throughout the entire game this way. (Note: You can choose to play without the
ball and fist slam enemies and activate switches to move forward, but you must complete the level, ball in hand.) :p

As for the other ball forms, the physics are a bit different for each of them.
The ball bearing is the smallest form and helps with more precise shots when slapping
and throwing the ball, it's even magnetic! The bowling ball is the largest and is good for defeating enemies.
Also, both the ball bearing and bowling sink underwater, whereas the rubber ball and crystal ball float.

There are 3 levels and 1 bonus stage in each of the 6 worlds. To access the bonus stages,
you collect these cards called Garibs throughout the levels. Also, as an added challenge, you can receive double
the points
by collecting the cards while having the ball in its original crystal form.
(Warning: If you mishandle the crystal ball in ANY way, it will break, thus, costing you 1 life.)

Oh, but don't take my word for it, see the game-play for yourself!

Oh, I didn't forget about transformations, I just didn't wanna spoil anything for people who got interested in the game. :p If they asked, I would've told em', lol.

Also, glad to see someone else who knows about Glover as well! :D I might wanna play that again someday just for kicks. ^-^

Is the crystal ball just a way to make the game harder for yourself? Having a ball that breaks if you throw it sounds like a bad idea in a platformer

Is the crystal ball just a way to make the game harder for yourself? Having a ball that breaks if you throw it sounds like a bad idea in a platformer
Yeah, although you can sorta bounce it snow without it breaking. The purpose of it is when you get Garbies, your score will increase when you collect them with the crystal ball.

If you wanna go for the ultimate rank, you can try that, but you'll be super proned to getting it broke a lot. :p

Yeah, although you can sorta bounce it snow without it breaking. The purpose of it is when you get Garbies, your score will increase when you collect them with the crystal ball.

If you wanna go for the ultimate rank, you can try that, but you'll be super proned to getting it broke a lot. :p
This Glover game looks pretty fun! How come I never heard of it? :p

This Glover game looks pretty fun! How come I never heard of it? :p
Well, Glover's one of those games that's pretty far out there from stuff you'd normally see like Mario and whatnot.
My older brother just so happened to get it on his birthday just because a Mario game was too expensive at the time. :p

But we've never regretted having it in our roster. :D

Back