God RCA SUCCKSSS (I need help installing Ubuntu)

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
I have a RCA Cambio with 2 GB DDR (obviously Dance Dance Revolution) & 32 GB of Flash Memory.

Windows 10 is sucking the life out of it, and its really driving me insane, so I am installing Ubuntu on it (not Xubuntu), and no matter what I do, my computer refuses to boot my USB. I'm in the BIOS trying to override the boot sequence, clicking on the USB and it's not working what so ever. I NEED HELP

(link to PCmag https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/rca-cambio-w1162?test_uuid=03GdTca9yYczB0udADO47Ac&test_variant=a)

Anyway, yes I am using Rufus to make a bootable USB for Ubuntu, not just sticking the ISO in there (cause I totally didn't do that). Also my USB is a Sandisk Cruzer Glider with 32 GB.

The main reason why I am doing this is because that the computer will not launch Win 10 at all, nor will it reset, so I thought that putting Ubuntu on it would fix the problems (because it worked for my last computer, unfortunately I don't have the proper plugs, and the battery is unusable. That's why I don't use it.)

Well first, what motherboard/BIOS are you using?
I'm an idiot, didn't see you said what you where using. Go into the BIOS and enable legacy USB or CSM. Then go make sure that USB is ontop of the boot list and restart. It should then boot into the USB. If it doesn't then you might have an issue with the boot USB.

Also what do you mean windows wont launch? Sometimes issues that can cause that will stop other OS's from booting as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku
UPDATE: I reset my PC, ~after like 10 times where it refused to let me~ and now its working well again

I might not install Ubuntu onto it, but if I do, I know how to do it (I launched the demo Ubuntu using a thumb drive on our other computer that I was using for the tablet computer. It worked really amazingly.)

Going to now set up this computer for my mom... lol

I was gonna say:
Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart > F7/7

But I think that's just for driver signature enforcement.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back