Going Old School

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
pokemon wiz kid

pokemon wiz kid

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
What is your favorite movie from the past? Mine will be: How to eat fried worms. I first saw this movie in 3rd grade and i totally freaked out eating fried worms disgusting. Then I re-saw it in 5th grade and it seemed less disgusting. Now i am 13 and i never watch it anymore. What is your favorite old school movie and why feel free to tell me in the comments. And also have a awesome day!

I have several that I love and always go on to watch

The Lion King, I love this movie to pieces and I can watch many times and never get bored of it. The scene with Mufasa still hurts though.

Pokémon Mewtwo Strikes Back (when I was little I thought it was a part two, not realizing it was striking back against humans), I love all the Pokémon movies but this is the one movie I just can't live with out.

My Neighbor Totoro, I first this movie when I was in the third grade. It was the last few days of school and those days were dedicated to movies. They had different classrooms showing different movies. The options for my hall were Lion King, Space Jam, Snow White, Robin Hood, and My Neighbor Totoro.

I loved Lion King but My Neighbor Totoro sounded cool to me for some reason so I picked that movie based on the name and I'm glad I did.

I really liked the Home Alone movies (the first and second, mainly). I remember watching them both as a kid, and I laughed my head off most of the time. That kid was so cute but not so innocent, and very clever. The story of leaving your kid at home whilst you go on holiday (Ugh, it appears it's a very rare situation nowadays and in the past). The traps set by the main character were so random, but it least it kept the villains at bay. I lol'd at their pain. :rotfl:

Wow, it's surprising to see films from the 2000s and 90s being called 'old school.' I was expecting 70s stuff at the most. :oldman:

Oh well, because we're including 90s films: Dazed and Confused is my favourite film ever. It's simultaneously so funny and sad. The soundtrack :love:

But if we're going properly old-school, I'd say Scarface from 1983 and The Exorcist from 1973. The latter is so great, you can watch it as either horror or comedy :D

Back