Goldeen

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
Tuzo

Tuzo

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Why do you think they chose to make Goldeen the useless Pokemon over Magikarp?

I've never seen Goldeen portrayed as a crappy Pokemon in the Anime, so it was pretty weird seeing it float around and do nothing in Smash64

Magikarp is even more useless. xD

but yeah, that was pretty annoying. Why even put things in a game if they're totally pointless? xD

Magikarp is even more useless. xD

but yeah, that was pretty annoying. Why even put things in a game if they're totally pointless? xD

Because it's like a surprise dud--you're essentially playing russian roulette when you throw the Pokeball. Can't always get the Charizard.

Because Magikarp already got bashed enough. They thought he deserved some time off from being hated so much haha

Because it's like a surprise dud--you're essentially playing russian roulette when you throw the Pokeball. Can't always get the Charizard.

This pretty much sums it up. A lot of people think of a Pokeball as a good way to turn the tide of battle in their favor, but when they get a Karp or a Goldeen, they are left with nothing but that feeling of dread.

I guess both are worthless fishes in the end. I mean, who even uses Goldeen? Magikarp is actually useful when he evolves into Gyrados. Goldeen, however, is just a horned fish that wears lipstick. There's really no use for her other than maybe contests, so it makes sense that she's just floating around doing her own thing.

Sakurai must've not played Pokemon or just looked at them saying this one is a Goldfish Pokemon that is as useless as a real Goldfish so I'll use it. In the first anime episode with Goldeen I clearly remember it can only use its Horn Attack when on dry land so it couldn't put up a fight. If you were a Goldeen on dry land how would your win? You wouldn't because you couldn't breathe.

Back