Good Moveset for Jolteon

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hello everybody,

I'm searching a good moveset for my Jolteon. I have tried Smogon's recommendations only to notice that there's some moves that I can't get in X/Y !

Feel free to suggest anything, and note that he's already EV trained !

- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Substitute

HP ICE is its other best move (because ground type Pokemon laugh at your electric attacks). Shadow Ball is the only thing that's good enough to use as a replacement if you don't have the IV spread for hidden power ice.

A Substitute and Baton Pass one is decent too, but you need Eevee to learn Baton Pass before evolving.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Substitute

HP ICE is its other best move (because ground type Pokemon laugh at your electric attacks). Shadow Ball is the only thing that's good enough to use as a replacement if you don't have the IV spread for hidden power ice.

A Substitute and Baton Pass one is decent too, but you need Eevee to learn Baton Pass before evolving.

Ok, I'll try to get access to these one, but, as for Hidden Power Ice, I can't access it, my Jolteon's Hidden Power is Dark-Type.

Ok, I'll try to get access to these one, but, as for Hidden Power Ice, I can't access it, my Jolteon's Hidden Power is Dark-Type.
I forgot about Thunder Wave. You can sash the Jolteon, take a hit, paralyze your enemy and run (volt switch).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I forgot about Thunder Wave. You can sash the Jolteon, take a hit, paralyze your enemy and run (volt switch).

Thanks for the info, I'll try this too !

>Thunderwave
>Thunderbolt
>Volt Switch
>Shadow ball
Not the best moveset, but I made my Jolteon my team's lead, sending him out first naturally. Although he can't outspeed a Timid Mewtwo Y, he can out-speed most common leads, and cripple with Thunderwave. Thunderbolt, because of thunder's low accuracy and my bad luck. Shadowball is always a nice option. I usually voltwitch out after paralyzing.

Jolteon
Item: Choice Specs / Life Orb / Leftovers
Nature: Timid
31/x/31/31/31/31
EV Spread: SpAtk 252 Spd 252 HP 4 or Def 4
Moves
Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt / Substitute
Shadow Ball / Baton Pass
Hidden Power (Ice) / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Shadow Ball

Back