Ultimate Good ways to earn gold fast in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so im pretty familiar with the well known "flick the left stick over and over" idea, i will ask to not just say outright to do this, its probably the most run of mill way from what ive seen. it definitely doesnt suck, for a solo player ive found minimizing possible items (narrowing them down to one or two that might appear randomly instead of having everything on) or doing a regular round with no items seems to work pretty well for this. i know about double manning two single joy cons so to speak, but this is kinda boring on its own for me so instead i set a random cpu and experiment with spirits and such instead... also not a terrible way to try a new good looking character either.

but that aside are there any other ways to farm gold reliably? i dont really want any answers like 'make it in top 1-5 of an online tournament' either because im not even close to skilled enough for that to be more than a fantasy. im not sure if theres some exploitable early spirit battles where we can go in spiritless just to loot some gold faster in world of light but if there are feel free to tell me, im definitely up for that. i know rematch bell on gold boosting events also works well (probably best way but this is temporary sadly) but we cant always do this. ive done classic 8.0+ several times with my main as well and this isnt terrible but not sure if it beats the stick flicking method.

so other ideas anyone? is there anything that can work well for almost any player that i didnt mention or left out?

Depends on how often you play. I think you can wait for gold by taking spirits for adventures or the way I got some gold is just playing Lv. 9 CPUs a lot. It may6 seem boring but you get as much as you give and if you like Smash and don't get bored easily that's my advice. Or you know play World of Light and Classic mode back and forth. Why would you need gold besides for DLC spirits anyway? I hardly had any problem getting some and I haven't played Smash that much.

Reactions: Kadaj
Depends on how often you play. I think you can wait for gold by taking spirits for adventures or the way I got some gold is just playing Lv. 9 CPUs a lot. It may6 seem boring but you get as much as you give and if you like Smash and don't get bored easily that's my advice. Or you know play World of Light and Classic mode back and forth. Why would you need gold besides for DLC spirits anyway? I hardly had any problem getting some and I haven't played Smash that much.
yeah, i may not do lv 9 CPUs (thats a bit too hard for me lol) but i agree just doing regular rounds offline works plenty well, and the settings are easily customized as well for the average players or less skilled which is one thing ive always loved about the game (or the series in general).i havent done the spirit expeditions much (as i really dont need the spirit coins... also getting full on the items as well) so i cant say if gold drops from these reliably, but if it does i wouldnt really suggest doing it this way. if youre low on time i think doing an AFK amiibo round is better than that most likely is (no half day cooldown... unless you have the settings make it last that long). the only slight problem is some people dont have many of these due to price issues, but having even one is plenty valid just not as effective (2 or more is ideal). i sometimes let 3 amiibos fight when i cant play and have to do some stuff and i think the method has had some pretty rough nerfage but if youre lucky they might give you a good amount of gold (maybe a rare spirit if youre super lucky! havent tested enough to find out though).

but yeah, i think setting up satisfying rules and conditions in regular offline smash is the best way and most easily applicable to anyone. for the competitive players well... maybe the tournaments give a lot if you get far enough? sounds exhausting though

Personally, I earn gold by playing with friends and playing online very often. I don't even realise I'm earning gold alltl the time. But if you play a lot, you get a lot of gold, so my only advice is to play online or invite some friends over for a night of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch. I also frequent the Spirit Board. I think I waste more gold and spirit points than I actually earn, but that isn't true because you get gold and spirit points as rewards as well when defeating a spirit. You don't get much from the spirit board, but like I said, you play a lot, you get a lot of gold. Just play the game. No need to farm and stuff.

Back