Goodnight to Club Nintendo, for good (NA)

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Club Nintendo is finally gone forever for NA Nintendo fans (EU ones still have it until September, apparently). Coin-earning was discontinued in March, but one could still redeem rewards until yesterday. Poetically, it stayed 35 minutes past its scheduled time of discontinuation - one last beautiful time for Club Nintendo to glitch :p

What do you think of the program now that it's gone? I think it was pretty good in its last couple of years, and some of the exclusive rewards were awesome although they only shipped within the US >.> The digital-download reward system was great for people who couldn't spend their coins on the physical rewards :D

The next loyalty program better be less glitchy. Club Nintendo's page now says to stay tuned for info on the new rewards program.

What was the last game you ever redeemed from Club Nintendo, incidentally? Animal Crossing: New Leaf for me, as a platinum reward.

Reactions: GamerGoldFish and 3905
Good Bye Club Nintendo we will all miss you the last game i got was donkey kong tropical freeze and super smash bros. (N64) Well good bye

The last game I got from CN was probably LoZ for NES. It was a great service. It taught me the struggles and wonders of VC gaming. Aloha and salutations CN.

Reactions: Shelton_Xeno
I had almost forgotten about Club Nintendo until yesterday so I redeemed from my leftover coins that Grill off with ultra hand thingy; which is useless to me :playful:

But Club Nintendo was really good during those times, despite all the glitches and traffic :)dead:). It was a nice loyalty program and I certainly hope the new program is more efficient and better . It better be :vamp:

Club Nintendo was a great program that a lot of people enjoyed, and crashed often XD. The last game I redeemed was DKC: Tropical Freeze as a platinum reward. I think I will remember Club Nintendo the most because of @TopQuil :p. Rest in peace, CN. Hopefully the new loyalty program won't be as glitchy and have better servers @.@

I miss it. I want to keep getting free games. But at least I got a platinum reward and did not forget to get it. Also the last game that I got from club Nintendo was new super Mario's bros 2. I really enjoyed that game but it was really short. I am looking forward to the new program. I really want them to give out free games on the new program too. I didn't even use the rest of my coins either. I had like only 65 coins.

I didn't get too many chances to use CN since the interval between me buying one game and another were pretty long. So I also didn't really experience the glitchyness others mention. Though it was a nice system by giving people an incentive to buy more games, be it physical rewards or another game. Though I do admit the games they offered really didn't catch my eye often.

The last thing I redeemed from CN was Harmoknight. Been interested in that game for a while and it was a nice opportunity to get it for "free" haha.

The last things i got from Club Nintendo were the Mewtwo DLC, Crashmo, and the Super Smash Bros. Smashing Soundtrack

It was a great program, I can't wait to see what the new one they are going to create. I just wish I had known about the codes and their worth a long time ago because I would've been redeeming them on the site.

The last thing I got on there was Links Awakening. It's really fun and weird but hey I'm not complaining. :)

I didn't claim my rewards in time. Oh well, that's another thing to add to the list of reasons why I really don't like it when Nintendo spontaneously does stuff.

That said, t'is a darn shame. Club Nintendo used to be the best loyalty program (in my opinion).

They've already stated that they're working on a new loyalty program though, so we'll see. Hopefully it'll be just as good!

Club Nintendo gave me some issues when logging in, but I miss it. Most of the rewards were neat, although I usually got a VC game since I would never have enough for a physical reward.

The last games I ever got there were Metroid 2 and Mario vs Donkey Kong:Minis March Again. Its a fun puzzle game.

Back