• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
Here's my review of Stadia

Plan Selection

Currently, Stadia only offers one plan: Stadia Pro. At $9.99 a month, you get access to a wide variety of games for free including currently:

• Celeste
  • Crayta: Premium Bundle
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Destiny 2: The Collection
  • Embr Early Access
  • GYLT
  • Gunsport
  • HITMAN - The Complete First Season
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek
  • Human: Fall Flat Stadia Edition
  • Jotun: Valhalla Edition
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
  • Little Nightmares
  • Orcs Must Die! 3
  • Panzer Dragon: Remake
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Highlands Editions
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • Risk of Rain 2
  • Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break
  • République
  • SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE Premium Edition
  • SUPERHOT
  • SUPERHOT - MIND CONTROL DELETE
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • SteamWorld Heist
  • SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  • Sundered: Eldritch Edition
  • The Gardens Between

Important Notes:
I am using a Chromebook 3100 Chrome OS (Same for Google Chrome Browser) version 86.0.4240.112 (Official Build) (64-bit). I am connecting to a 5G network with 33.3 Mbps download & 4.51 Mbps upload speed, with 25 ms latency.

Setup:
If you want to start playing, here's what you will want to do

1. Visit http://stadia.com/ and get started with setting up your account
  2. Link your Google account to your Stadia account
  3. Set up your Username and preferences
  4. You will need to link a debit card in order for the free trial to start, but it won't charge you until the end of the free trial.

Tip: If you want a longer free trial, ask a friend for their referral link, because signing up with that link will give you two months instead of one, and when you buy Stadia, you will give your referring friend one extra month of Pro for free. More information here: https://support.google.com/stadia/a...s&visit_id=637401069772756968-1291730308&rd=1 [I will not be sharing a referral link, because that violates Nintenpedia ToS.]

You must be in the United States or Canada in order to be able to redeem the referral link/share it, but you can be in these locations to play Stadia without that bonus

• United States
  • Canada
  • United Kingdom
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Belgium
  • Ireland
  • Netherlands

Not available in Hawaii or Guam, but is available in Puerto Rico & Alaska

Gameplay:
My gameplay experience has honestly been really flawless, very few hiccups have actually occurred, and the resolution output is great. I play at 1080p at 60fps, and it stays at that resolution for the most part quite easily. I play games using a Dualshock 4 controller using Bluetooth, and it works perfectly, there are custom button handlings so that each controller has optimized layouts. I find it especially nice that DS4 controllers have rumble support, so that's a nice cherry on top as well. Overall, I find the gameplay experience really smooth, clean, and overall just really nice. The only thing is that since Stadia isn't affiliated with any company such as Steam, achievements that you get on Stadia are exclusive to that platform alone.

Cons:
  • You have to buy games from Stadia themselves, so If you bought a game from Steam, you have to buy it from here too
  • If your connection isn't strong, you will NOT be able to play Stadia all that well, and will probably really suck.
  • It takes a lot of data (12.5 GB with 1080 @ 60fps)
Pros:
  • A nice selection of games that are being updated a lot
  • Games run really smoothly on a good network
  • Free Trial for people who want to try before they buy

Conclusion:
I think that Stadia is a really nice game streaming service with a lot of opportunities if done correctly. Because you can use it anywhere, it's a really nice way to play some games on the go. I wouldn't recommend it for people who can only game on a mobile device, as if you aren't on a Wifi Network or a good mobile connection, well it will get pretty bad.

I will be reviewing more Cloud Streaming services soon! Nvidia GeForce Now review will be up soon

Reactions: Mizunil, Deepak and phofufury
i was looking into Stadia for last Christmas, but the reviews were horrible wen it came out. Destiny 2 was virtually empty cuz nobody was on the Stadia, and Destiny 2 is one my fav games. I wanted a Stadia cuz it looked so cool, and take it anywhere to, i ended up getting the Switch tho cuz ppl said it was way more worth it. I also dislike the paid service, like with Xbox, PS, and now Switch, cept not paying for online but also to play the games. rn to, cuz of covid, internet is horrible for me, so Stadia is a no go for me rn. love the review tho!

Reactions: Jisenku
Stadia seems pretty good. But you're screwed if you have bad wifi.

My only experience with Stadia was playing the Immortals: Fenyx Rising demo. I thought it was great being able to play a game that my crap laptop wouldn’t normally be able to play. Certainly cheaper than building a new PC. I experienced some slowdown here and there, as well as some graphical hiccups, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

Reactions: Deepak
i was looking into Stadia for last Christmas, but the reviews were horrible wen it came out. Destiny 2 was virtually empty cuz nobody was on the Stadia, and Destiny 2 is one my fav games. I wanted a Stadia cuz it looked so cool, and take it anywhere to, i ended up getting the Switch tho cuz ppl said it was way more worth it. I also dislike the paid service, like with Xbox, PS, and now Switch, cept not paying for online but also to play the games. rn to, cuz of covid, internet is horrible for me, so Stadia is a no go for me rn. love the review tho!
Destiny 2 is actually full of life, I play it a lot, and notice that there are A LOT of people on it, most of them Stadia users.

Destiny 2 is actually full of life, I play it a lot, and notice that there are A LOT of people on it, most of them Stadia users.
wat do you play it on, Stadia? cuz wen you say "most of them Stadia users", does that mean Destiny 2 is crossplay? also wen it came out on Stadia (wen Stadia launched) it was ded lol, ig it changed now

wat do you play it on, Stadia? cuz wen you say "most of them Stadia users", does that mean Destiny 2 is crossplay? also wen it came out on Stadia (wen Stadia launched) it was ded lol, ig it changed now
I play on Stadia, I think it's crossplay.

I play on Stadia, I think it's crossplay.
that'd be cool if it was crossplay, i wonder if they'll ever bring it to switch. i have it on my dad's xbox tho, but i play my switch more, so it'd be cool if it goes on switch!

that'd be cool if it was crossplay, i wonder if they'll ever bring it to switch. i have it on my dad's xbox tho, but i play my switch more, so it'd be cool if it goes on switch!
OOF

Bungie have confirmed via a recent FAQ session that Google Stadia will not support Cross-Play with consoles

mega OOF, i hate it when games or developers r against crossplay.

mega OOF, i hate it when games or developers r against crossplay.
Stadia the platform DOES support crossplay with developers who allow it though.

Reactions: phofufury
Stadia the platform DOES support crossplay with developers who allow it though.
well that's good, but games like Warframe and POE (Path of Exiles) dont do crossplay and say they arent planning for it, kinda makes me mad, itd be so much better with crossplay

i kinda lost faith in Stadia since the beginning lol

• Funny
That, and also the fact that last month google ditched the entire first party dev team meaning they literally said to the 3rd party devs "lmao this is your mess now".

Yeah it's dead. https://killedbygoogle.com/ It'll join the graveyard shortly

Reactions: Duffy, Jisenku and phofufury
A lot of people called stadia’s death from the beginning. This is probably still the way of video gaming future, but not for a long ways time. Frankly, google’s inability to run a video game service and lack of understanding of what gamers actually want kind of killed it. I mean this was a mess from the beginning but it always seemed super promising. Google just completely disappointed with this.

Back