Google Translate is sooo bad

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
What happens when you use google translate multiple times on a song and put it back in english? It ends up like this.

Reactions: Magik, TheSuperKid and CrazyElf
Oh my gawd.

This video was pretty funny :playful:. The wording of the song was quite amusing, and was pretty funny overall.

I was laughing so much xD. I was literally rolling on the floor due to laughter.
@SunnyWindy where did you find this xD

On youtube XD

The stuff you find when you just click to a video, and another one...

She has done a couple of them actually but thought you would be more interested in the Frozen one ^^

Most parts of the video was funny and I didn't know know google translate was so bad to me it is only good for translating words or some paragraphs at a time when you are doing your homework or just something else.

I remember when i first saw this video, haha! it was hilarious, google translate is pretty bad :p

its like if you translate into russian "will Korea start a war" it translates to "korea will start a war":nailbiting:

Check out this website:
http://ackuna.com/badtranslator
google translate isn't an option but it's still a really funny website
here is something I got out of it:
Original text:

"Cats are adorable"

...43 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"Tonight's entertainment."

Last edited:
I think I may try both Google Translate and that website @Retro Chocolate posted sometime with song lyrics as well xD

Sheesh, looks like hours of fun!

I always use google translate and it sucks! Usually I buy things from Japanese and Chinese website so I use google translate to get a rough idea of the details. Yes, very rough idea!
I have to translate a document once and I put a Thai sentence for something like "the explosion time is set between...."
but it was translated as "The explosion in the fetus" o_O

@numage I often find myself on Japanese websites as well, and using the Google Translate Web on iTools actually isn't that bad. I mean, it is pretty bad but still usually is readable without having to think too hard on it.

Japanese, Chinese, and similar languages are languages that just can't efficiently be translated by an automated machine, because their grammar styles are VERY different from English. Japanese, for example, is an SOV (Subject-Object-Verb) language, while English is a SVO (Subject Verb Object) language, so that is why words are always jumbled up wrong in Google Translate.

I think Google Translate should only really be used if you're on a foreign website and need to know the basic idea of what it says (or similar scenarios) or just for humor purposes. It's not really something meant to be taken seriously in my eyes.

@numage I often find myself on Japanese websites as well, and using the Google Translate Web on iTools actually isn't that bad. I mean, it is pretty bad but still usually is readable without having to think too hard on it.

Japanese, Chinese, and similar languages are languages that just can't efficiently be translated by an automated machine, because their grammar styles are VERY different from English. Japanese, for example, is an SOV (Subject-Object-Verb) language, while English is a SVO (Subject Verb Object) language, so that is why words are always jumbled up wrong in Google Translate.

I think Google Translate should only really be used if you're on a foreign website and need to know the basic idea of what it says (or similar scenarios) or just for humor purposes. It's not really something meant to be taken seriously in my eyes.

Yes, I understand the point. I do appreciate that google made me understand foreign language website. I'm sure there are still a lot of room for improvement though. I'm sure they can do better than that.
Personally I know English, Japanese and Thai and yes, I understand that these language shuffle words around a lot!! I always jumbled them up :D

Original text:

"I always use google translate and it sucks! Usually I buy things from Japanese and Chinese website so I use google translate to get a rough idea of the details. Yes, very rough idea!"

...43 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"Nichego ngħid that Google measures, Japan, China, face to face, if you want to see, don't use Google translator, I think it is very easy! The idea!!!!!"

Reactions: numage
Back