Great Berries (Service Announcement)

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date

Did you know about this before you read it just now?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, and I don't care.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No... I wanna go berry mutating. ;_;

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
The Maranga and Kee Berries are things I have overlooked and never paid attention to until now (not even Verlisify could tell this to me because that's what I overlooked). For any Bulky Pokemon they are game changers. Even better if they can heal because that is what they should be doing afterwards. Why I'm telling you they are important is a warning of my glorious strategy. Never overlook berries. Sure they will help you in ORAS in contests too but this is a competitive thread... They certainly give you an edge if you know when and why you use them (meaning situational) but they are so helpful. And it all dates back to Orre and their still useful stat boost berries :love:. But more importantly they are even more helpful in VGCs. Sitrus is also a common berry and that does help (and all of these berries compliment Trevenent/Eggecutor well btw) and because it takes effort to get them they should definitely be worth your time. A certain Pokemon without a Berry could mean life or death in the given matchups. Hopefully you can better tanks because of them (and perhaps be better than certain Mega counterparts*).

*Do your research before considering them over Mega Stones because maybe some stats are worth sacrificing over others.

I'm just postponing the inevitable but because you don't see certain people (a lot of them) not using these berries doesn't mean they don't have a hidden use you cannot find out. In fact I dare you to try using them. They are even better than the Snowball and Luminous Moss items (by far as far as usefulness goes). Sure your Choice Items look fancy and all but a revenge killing Salac Berry back in Gens 3-4 might be worth considering if you don't want to get stuck in Choice*.

*I think Choice is still better than those ol' Gen 3 berries tho... But they made Gen 3 competition fun.

I actually am on the way on breeding these berries, coincidentally. I could help you out.

I actually am on the way on breeding these berries, coincidentally. I could help you out.
I'm trying to get the Grepa and Pomeg ones currently.

I'll lend you my Grepas.

I have one step left. to Kee and Maranga. I had already mutated a lot.

Back