Great Wii U Games

• Thread starter awillersVS
  • Start date
awillersVS

awillersVS

Slash, Slash. BLAST!
Towns Folk
I have a Wii U coming, with Super Mario Maker, and I need to know the greatest games to get. Don't be worried to mention downloadable games as I have a deluxe 32gb.

I also have Super Mario 3d World Coming, but that one will take about 3 months, due to my local game store not having them in stock. But aside From That, Launch The Games At Me!

You should get Pikmin 3

I always recommend it!!!

I highly recommend the MegaMan Battle Network VC games. They're some of the best GBA games I've ever played ^^

As for Wii U game suggestions, you should consider :
  • Splatoon - really fun and you'll find yourself playing multiplayer more.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - if you're just looking for an RPG.
  • Mario Kart 8 - there should still be a lot of online racers even though it's been out for a while.
  • Pokken Tournament - if you're into these types of games.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - it'll keep you occupied for a lot of hours but it's mostly multiplayer.
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - I'd get this game over Super Mario 3D World tbh.
Shovel Knight and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse are also nice eShop games that you might have fun playing~

Reactions: Mikaya
I should mention one thing: 32 GB IS NOT GOING TO LAST MUCH!
I have a 32 GB Wii U System and I currently have Pokken, SM3DW, Mario Maker, Earthbound, and Nintendo Land downloaded on it, and I'm already out of space. I had to delete DKC TF to make from for Pokken Tournament too, which I'm not too ashamed of given that the game wasn't really that great >.>

As far as games you should get, I would say that if you want some fun Multiplayer games, go for SSB4 Wii U, MK8, or Splatoon (online multiplayer). For a fun 3D Platformer, go for Super Mario 3D World. Some digital titles to go for are Shovel Knight, Earthbound VC, and Megaman Battle Network VC. And if you want a cool fighter game, go for Pokken Tournament.

That's about all I can think of on the top of my head lol, but all are worth trying.

Reactions: Marc
I should mention one thing: 32 GB IS NOT GOING TO LAST MUCH!
I have a 32 GB Wii U System and I currently have Pokken, SM3DW, Mario Maker, Earthbound, and Nintendo Land downloaded on it, and I'm already out of space. I had to delete DKC TF to make from for Pokken Tournament too, which I'm not too ashamed of given that the game wasn't really that great >.>

As far as games you should get, I would say that if you want some fun Multiplayer games, go for SSB4 Wii U, MK8, or Splatoon (online multiplayer). For a fun 3D Platformer, go for Super Mario 3D World. Some digital titles to go for are Shovel Knight, Earthbound VC, and Megaman Battle Network VC. And if you want a cool fighter game, go for Pokken Tournament.

That's about all I can think of on the top of my head lol, but all are worth trying.
As You Have Helped Me, Let Me Help you. If you want more space, you can get USB sticks (Up to 32 GB) Which games can be stored on. I will get one and It will definitely help you.

PS: It won't work with 64gb as the same rule applies with the SD card

As You Have Helped Me, Let Me Help you. If you want more space, you can get USB sticks (Up to 32 GB) Which games can be stored on. I will get one and It will definitely help you.

Even with a 32gb USB and a 32gb Console, I'm close to running out of space mainly due to getting some downloadable retail games like Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker HD on my Wii U.

Speaking of those two games, they're both really great games, however I wouldn't recommend getting WWHD if you already own it on the GameCube. W101 is pretty much your average 'aliens try to take over the world' hack and slash type of game, except you have a huge team of super heroes that can use a variation of weapons at the expense of other people in your crew to defeat the earth intruders. There's lots of comical relief, too. It's a lot more epic than how I described it, trust me on that lol.

Even with a 32gb USB and a 32gb Console, I'm close to running out of space mainly due to getting some downloadable retail games like Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker HD on my Wii U.

Speaking of those two games, they're both really great games, however I wouldn't recommend getting WWHD if you already own it on the GameCube. W101 is pretty much your average 'aliens try to take over the world' hack and slash type of game, except you have a huge team of super heroes that can use a variation of weapons at the expense of other people in your crew to defeat the earth intruders. There's lots of comical relief, too. It's a lot more epic than how I described it, trust me on that lol.
Are You Sure You Can't Change USB for different games? (For Example, one USB designated to Legend of Zelda games and one for Mario.)

Are You Sure You Can't Change USB for different games? (For Example, one USB designated to Legend of Zelda games and one for Mario.)
Do you really plan on using 15 different USBs on your Wii U?

Reactions: Mikaya
Do you really plan on using 15 different USBs on your Wii U?
Good point. But Still useful if you do want to

If you are looking for a great experience on the WiiU, try Smash 4. I also highly recommend Mario Kart 8, as it really is the best looking Mario Kart game ever. If you are more into the Zelda games, try Wind Waker HD or Breath of the Wild, as the are both some of the finest in the series.

Nintendo land is great if you have some wii remotes, at least one motion plus remote, and a nunchuck. So many games that are fun to play by yourself, coop games that are a blast to play with or without friends, and gamepad versus wiimote gameplay that no other system can give. It may be a launch title, but like wii sports, its not a game you want to not have.

Back