Greater Number of Moves, Pokemon in Party, and More

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Apparently there was a time when GameFreak considered allowing the limits to be expanded, but they ended up deciding against it in the end. Would you have preferred to be able to carry more pokemon, have your pokemon learn more moves, and not have to deal with the current limitations? What do you think?

Source: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=28

I agree with keeping the limit like that. Not only it makes the player OP in game, but already strong Pokemon (like Mewtwo) would have wider movepools and making it terribly difficult to battle. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ShinyLatios and Marc
I agree with keeping the limit like that. Not only it makes the player OP in game, but already strong Pokemon (like Mewtwo) would have wider movepools and making it terribly difficult to battle. :rolleyes:
All the same though, it'd make things easier in terms of HM slaves. And while the strong Pokemon would have wider movepools to handle, it'd allow for some of the lesser used Pokemon to become better by allowing more coverage.

Ditto!

Although I wouldn't mind if they increased the character limit for nicknames.

Reactions: AyoGG and ShinyLatios
I know that over on Pokemon Showdown! they have this thing called "Custom Battle" where it's possible to do a bunch of things like have more than 4 moves on a given pokemon. It definitely makes some pokemon a lot more useful and competitive. For more info, you can check out this link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/six-move-battling.3470224/

I think they could implement limited versions of these features. For example, if you have utility Pokemon, you can have more than 4 attacks so that it can have a more potent arsenal of tools (maybe as part of a Mega- Evolution). As for more than 6 Pokemon, I don't think there's a need for that and it would just break the balance of the game.

I wish there wasn't a limit because in the manga, It says the standard is 6:1 Pokemon but it also says you can carry seven or even 30. It is just hard to share your friendship between that many.

Back