grinding ideas for 3ds/ wii u for people who cant do classic 9.0

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ive played both smash on 3ds and on wii u for quite some time, and there were a couple times i tried to do classic on 9.0 because i was grinding and wanted to make us much gold/ money as possible, but no matter what i couldnt even beat the first round. it felt almost impossible to even hit the CPUs no matter what, so i ended up abandoning this altogether because i just couldnt do it. on wii u there are a lot more alternatives to this if 9.0 is feeling impossible for you, but unfortunately the only other thing on 3ds is smash run or just doing classic on the highest intensity youre able to manage on. i actually like the wii u version more not just because of the obvious improved graphics, but there's a huge variety of modes which gives you many ways to grind even if youre not the best smash player out there (as you might be able to guess im one of those people :p not as good as some others are). what i was doing on wii u a while back was id run through classic and just grind the crazy orders passes here for a good amount of time, then id spam them so i can do crazy orders free and go however far i can. good way to get lots of gold, and even some custom moves if youre lucky (i think the quality of the items is much better if you do higher turn count so try to go as far as you can, always remember to watch your health so you dont get screwed over before the boss since this mode makes you keep that).

another thing which ive noticed is pretty popular (but a bit more tedious in my opinion) is what people call amiibo farming. just use any amiibo you have and make them fight each other in a timed battle, and with a proper item setup this can get you a lot with enough patience. this works on both 3ds and wii u, but since im using new 3ds idk how this would work on the original model for this system. obviously if you have more than 4 amiibo its way more efficient on wii u than it ever would be on 3ds, aside from the higher frame rate which also helps in this case (if im not mistaken anyway). this is good if youve got too much going on as you can just turn on your system and set the amiibos or if you only have set it with one lv. 9 computer while you finish whatever you need to work on. i wanted to share this just to help other people like me who arent as good at the game get more loot without having to do the incredibly difficult 9.0 classic grind (im never going to beat this on either game, and i know that unfortunately this method doesnt suit everyone as we're all at different skill levels as individual players overall. but for people who can, great job to say the least this is ridiculously hard and not for everyone).

You could buy the adapter if you want Amiibos to work on a normal 3DS. I think besides the regular modes the easiest way to get Gold might be participating in online conquests (just go on For Glory and play a character you like that's in the conquest for one match) and spectator mode. I was also gonna suggest Smash Run and find those gold bugs and go an all attack or attack and speed character.

Reactions: Kadaj
You could buy the adapter if you want Amiibos to work on a normal 3DS. I think besides the regular modes the easiest way to get Gold might be participating in online conquests (just go on For Glory and play a character you like that's in the conquest for one match) and spectator mode. I was also gonna suggest Smash Run and find those gold bugs and go an all attack or attack and speed character.
i knew about spectator mode, but im not much a gambler so i didnt really toy around with that much on either game. however i did not know you could win gold in online modes other than spectator. thanks for adding that.

i knew about spectator mode, but im not much a gambler so i didnt really toy around with that much on either game. however i did not know you could win gold in online modes other than spectator. thanks for adding that.
Also be sure to check back at the conquest tab when the conquest ends and a new one begins to obtain the gold.

Reactions: Kadaj
Back