Gen 6 GTS Rant

• Thread starter Mira
  • Start date
Mira

Mira

The Most Boring Person On Earth
Towns Folk
I'm pretty sure this was seen a million but imma mention it anyway.

The people in the GTS are so greedy and unfair. I just got Pokémon x a few weeks ago so I'm not that far into the game yet, I wanted a female Wurmple so I could get a Beautifly. Not shiny. Not whatever EVs or IVs are. Just a normal, female Wurmple. Simple as that, right?

Nope, if I want to get a Wurmple, I have to give that person a lv 100 shiny Mew. How is that a fair trade?

This is what I consider to be a good trade:
nonlegendary for nonlegendary
Legendary for legendary
Shiny for shiny
Starters for starters

Like I said I'm not far into the game yet, but I want to get that pokémon that I CAN get that the person wants so I can get the Beautifly (I have no idea if that makes sense)

Literally every pokémon I wanted, in exchange is always a shiny lv 100 legendary.

I've even seen a Lv 1 legendary on request. How is that even posdible?

Anyway, what do you think about the GTS stuff?

I hate how 90% of people want Pokemon that are not even possible like event Pokemon (unless there is or was an event of the Pokemon they want) and people can get the 90% of the event Pokemon during this whole year. Then there are Pokemon that have levels lower than they are supposed to be like a level 10 Ariados that is not possible unless you hack it. I understand how you feel. A good way to get the wurmple you want is to deposit a random Pokemon in the GTS for the wurmple (you have to type its name because you can only do that because wurmple is not in X and Y. The only Gen 6 game it is in is ORAS or if you get the friend safari which you might not have right now you can get a beautifly and breed it for wurmple ) wait a few hours and boom you have wurmple. Trust me it works I did before with other Pokemon.

You do know that you can edit your search? Simply push the options button when seeking a Pokemon and select "Don't Include", this option will exclude people seeking special Pokemon. Suddenly the GTS isn't so hostile and it's finally a bit easier to trade. Also, having patience to wait a few hours as @SuperAdenU suggested really helps!

When I played platinum, the last game I playd seriously before OR, the gts was awesome, you had people trading all the time, and when you submitted a pokemon, if your offer was decent, and you asked for something fair, you could get it in a day, but now im dissapointed in finding that I cant trade online because every single offer is from somone offering a <censored> pokemon that anyone can catch, asking for a legendary like Deoxys or an event pokemon that hasnt bee realeased yet, better yet they ask for a pokemon at level 91-100.

Furthermore, I need a bellsprout (I asked any level) for my team, and i offered a lv1 froakie and still one week latter it hasnt been traded. I thougt froakie being a starter would easely trade for a <censored> pokemon that i cant catch on Hoenn. /End rant

Yeah, this happens way too much. I am ashamed to say that I did this once, when I had just gotten X, my first Pokemon game that I played legit as in not spamming my level 100 shiny Dialga. I put up a caterpie or something and I didn't quite get it so for the Pokemon you want thing I typed in Shiny Mew. I set the level to 100 and made the message plzplzplz. Oops.

I'm pretty sure this was seen a million but imma mention it anyway.

The people in the GTS are so greedy and unfair. I just got Pokémon x a few weeks ago so I'm not that far into the game yet, I wanted a female Wurmple so I could get a Beautifly. Not shiny. Not whatever EVs or IVs are. Just a normal, female Wurmple. Simple as that, right?

Nope, if I want to get a Wurmple, I have to give that person a lv 100 shiny Mew. How is that a fair trade?

This is what I consider to be a good trade:
nonlegendary for nonlegendary
Legendary for legendary
Shiny for shiny
Starters for starters

Like I said I'm not far into the game yet, but I want to get that pokémon that I CAN get that the person wants so I can get the Beautifly (I have no idea if that makes sense)

Literally every pokémon I wanted, in exchange is always a shiny lv 100 legendary.

I've even seen a Lv 1 legendary on request. How is that even posdible?

Anyway, what do you think about the GTS stuff?

Hmmm, yes. This is indeed quite a problem with the online GTS system, i have seen this with nearly every visit i made to the GTS.... I can understand why this is rather annoying quite a lot. There is nothing fair about such outrageous requests. It may even be somewhat unethical, as these people are trying to get more for less. The issue is ongoing as far as i know.... There really isnt much you can do about it, sadly. All you can do is keep these trolls waiting for as long as possible, by not giving them what they want. Another option you have is to contribute quality GTS trades of your own, which is what i do just to help bring up the quality of the GTS. Remember though, you dont have to put up something super good--just a decent pokemon like a hatched starter and just use simple logic from there to make a quality offer. Its not very hard if you know how to work it through well enough.

As for me, i don't pay any attention to the trolls out there who do this sort of thing. I dont waste time getting mad at these fools, because thats exactly what they are aiming to do: make people mad and hope to rip the world off one person at a time. I don't give them what they want; i just move on and ignore them. I can understand why its very difficult to ignore the subject, seeing how widespread it is online and the innumerable amount of people there are out there who continuously do this sort of thing in an attempt to aggravate people and rip them off as much as possible, but there really arent many other options here except what i said about making quality requests.

I do not blame people for being very angry and annoyed about this; i find such reactions very understandable for simple and obvious reasons. Its unfair and also a bit unethical for people to make these outrageous requests. Just do the best you can to ignore or counter it as i explained above.

Reactions: Mira and PrimordialMew24
I wonder why people do that? It's not that anyone who just so happen to have a LV1 legendary or some other rather impossible request. Probably the only way someone would have such a thing is by hacking. It's not really benefiting that person at all. In my opinion, the GTS is only used a few times for it's intended purpose xP

Reactions: Mira
I wonder why people do that? It's not that anyone who just so happen to have a LV1 legendary or some other rather impossible request. Probably the only way someone would have such a thing is by hacking. It's not really benefiting that person at all. In my opinion, the GTS is only used a few times for it's intended purpose xP

As far as i know, no level one legendary is legitimate. The only way such is possible is with special hacks codes or other cheats. Unless there is some kind of working exploit to trick the GTS system, these requests will perpetually remain, unless the user gives up and removes the offer. I hear such an exploit does indeed exist, but im unsure how it works and if its even still working, seeing how nintendo continuously releases system updates, thus making online access impossible until update installation is complete. *i know this is a rule with nintendo eshop, but am unsure if this rule applies to all software as well, so corrections are appreciated as i do not want to deceive anyone here.

Not to get off topic, but i know a while back one exploit for badge arcade allowed you to sign into it without needing to update your system or software. It wouldnt surprise me if hackers do the same with mainstream games like Pokemon x and y and oras as well (more than likely hackers do the same with everything under the sun here as much as possible, this is my best guess).

These are the only ways people would be able to trade level one legendaries, if at all. It would require hardcore, heavy hacking to trick the system AND continue this regardless of any available updates as much as the hacker pleases. Im not saying such has been leaked, but it is a possibility.

Hope im not breaking any rules here. My apologies if i am.

I once put up a zekrom on the gts for a squirtle... I felt good that day

Ohh dear me.... I dont know why you would do that, but if youre happy then i guess that's all that matters. Suit yourself... =/

Ohh dear me.... I dont know why you would do that, but if youre happy then i guess that's all that matters. Suit yourself... =/
I believe it's because that's what everyone wants these days: legendaries. I honestly would do that myself for I have not really an interest nor a care for legendaries tbh.

I'd do that haha

Like for the gts I put any pokemon for equal or less trade... Like I put spiritomb for a wurmple. Another thing that angers me is when they put pokemon holding the item that evolves when traded for a legendary...

Like for the gts I put any pokemon for equal or less trade... Like I put spiritomb for a wurmple. Another thing that angers me is when they put pokemon holding the item that evolves when traded for a legendary...
Same. For the first time, I was able to get my Wurmple from this guy. His request was simple; all he wanted was a Starly. I was so happy. A trade that I can actually do.
When I put up a pokémon for trade it's always a popular or most wanted pokémon that i have like Charizard or something. Still wanting to trade my Xerneas (I think that's how you spell it) for a simple pokémon I might want lel.

Funnily enough I am using gts for full dex andits working very good. I gotabout 100 new pokemon from gts. (Some took shinies) but I still get why you would beget mad over some trades like, Kew for wurmple. WURMPLE? That is what makes me question sanity in pokemon players

People want mew for a zigzagoon? What? When I deposited froakie for a fenekkin nobody traded. I waited for a week still nobody traded:cry:.
Like when I used to play Pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2 the gts trading was fair. Why are people doing this?

People want mew for a zigzagoon? What? When I deposited froakie for a fenekkin nobody traded. I waited for a week still nobody traded:cry:.
Like when I used to play Pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2 the gts trading was fair. Why are people doing this?

Hmmm.... From what i understand there was a gts cloning glitch that was discovered some time ago, and i hear this is why people put out these outrageous offers, but im quite certain this was at least two years ago, which would leave me to believe the glitch was patched i dont know how long ago, but there have been numerous updates since the discovery of what i speak of here. I never tried it so it could be completely bogus for all i know, i never did it. Didnt need to, personally.

If what i mentioned above is false rumor, then my second suspicion is that people just wanna troll everyone, drive people nuts, etc..... but its most likely because people want to get more for less. I myself find the subject rather annoying, but ive just stooped to simply ignoring the offers and just not think anything of it. Seeing how widespread the issue is here, i completely understand why this is so frustrating to many.

One more thing, @Mellyor225 ..... If you still want the fennekin you were after, i will gladly breed my delphox and hatch one for you. Dont fret over what to give me, though. Just go to first route and catch whatever appears first, im not very choosy with trading starters so i just wonder trade them usually. In an attempt to outnumber the endless garbage that is tossed in, of course.... If you want a fennekin from me i will just give you one for whatever youve got that you dont want. No play coin charge either, btw. Up to you though. ;)

It's actually a little better if you put a Pokemon up for trade for something you want yourself. Just about every time I am the one asking for something, I usually end up getting it. I mean, most of the time I do something reasonable so maybe that's why I find more luck asking rather than looking.

It's actually a little better if you put a Pokemon up for trade for something you want yourself. Just about every time I am the one asking for something, I usually end up getting it. I mean, most of the time I do something reasonable so maybe that's why I find more luck asking rather than looking.

Yes, my case is quite similar, i tend to get better results requesting, as i too do not troll the gts like so many fools out there do thinking they are going to get more for a lot less, etc. I usually just grind to get high level mons and then i just save them for later in case theres something i may want at a different time. Just a suggestion, it might be easy to trade for almost anything if you level a starter thats not six gen to level 100 fully evolved. I havent done this much, so i cant give an exact answer here. Just an idea for anyone who is too annoyed by the endless trolling on the gts.

Reactions: Gigavoltman
Back