Guess what? The Nintendo Switch Lite has a controller (8BitDo Lite)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm surprised it's actually a thing but after thinking about it, I'm not supposed to be too surprised. Especially with the first analog stick drift issue being reported by a Nintendo Switch Lite owner.

8BitDo announced today that they'll have a controller for the Nintendo Switch Lite called the 8BitDo Lite. It's the perfect controller for the Switch Lite for people who experience analog stick drift and don't feel like going to Nintendo for repair. The controller can also be used on Windows, macOS, and Android. It also features customizable Turbo functionality, wireless play, and USB-C input.

a5eKMhb.jpg

According to what I know, the 8BitDo Lite is an "ultra-portable controller made for 2D games and more" :redpanda:

The controller will also be available in yellow and turquoise colors.

What do you think about the 8BitDo Lite controller? Would you get one if you're a Switch Lite owner?

Reactions: Danominator
I'm not too fond of it since it lacks a circle pad/better analog stick and I don't own a Lite. Imagine if this worked on a regular Switch and you played a Switch fighting game tournament with it. It would help if you had a stand for it as well. It also might give you trouble getting used to the smaller controller. It's probably more worth it to get the 1st party Pro Controller.

The lack of a circle pad is a deal breaker for me. It's a nice concept though, maybe they'll make a model with a joystick?

Ditto about the circle pad, it feels good on your thumbs. ;-; But I can see it being used for nes/snes games, maybe a handful of Indie games. :coffee: Needless to say, if I owned a Switch Lite, I'd give the controller a go to see how it's like. o/

Back