Guide on how to beat Ballos on Hard Mode. (Cave Story)

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hihihhhhi!!!! :D P2.0 here! Feeling good, cuz I just beat Ballos on Cave Story... On Hard Mode!!! :D :hug: (That hug is for you all, lol) So, I decided to write a guide, just in case anyone else wanted to try it. ^-^

So before anything else, make sure you talk the dog before going up to fight King. He has an extra Life Up that gives you an extra 5 units of energy. And trust me, you'll need it. .-. Making it down to Ballos is pretty tough, at least the part dodging all the rocks falling in the second phase of the stage was for me. The rest is pretty straightforward if you've been through it before.

Now, the firs form of Ballos is pretty easy. When you first enter the room, make sure you have your Spur charged up to maximum when you talk to him. (WARNING: Don't shoot him until he raises his hand after the dialogue, alright? ) His form of attacks consist of following you around: Dash at you, jump when you jump, follow you, land. Then, if you've successfully dodged, then he floats in the air, and shoots lightning at you. Use those moments to get in hits, while paying attention to his patterns.

Next form is the Ballos Ball. (Named it myself, lol) Ballos Ball jumps at you, creating mini shockwaves as he lands. To make a tighter squeeze, little bats fly overhead. To beat this form, shoots Ballos's eye, preferably wit charged shots. (Note that if you don't hit the eye in the right spot, you'll deal less to njo damage.)

Gyro Ballos is the las one. At first, he spins eyes around himself, while rotating at a clockwise angle around the room. Shoot the eyes and close them all to continue. To dodge when he comes down, walk in the space between the eyes at the right timing. It may be hard, but if you pull it off, you'll be fine. (Watch out for the falling skulls he drops when he's airborne!) After all the eyes are shut, Ballos floats in the center of the stage, and the floor is now riddled with spikes, which do 2 damage. Wait for Ballos to open his eyes, then attack! (If you hit the eyes, they fall off, and bounce. Be careful) Now the hard part about this is the flying enemies, the Delete, will be flying back in forth, and some will come out of Ballos's head. ...Guys, this is how I beat him. :eek:

Fly on the platforms near the top of Ballos's head, and make sure when you see the Delete flying to one side, fly to the other. Chances are there'll be less enemies on the side they flew from. And NEVER leave the top, unless it's to sneak in hits to Ballos. And that's how I beat him. ^-^ Now if you'll excuse me, I'ma victory dance some more. *Turns on Caramelldansen*

Back