Gymleaders and friends, a question about your rulesets.

• Thread starter Mr. Kream
  • Start date
Mr. Kream

Mr. Kream

Will Mod Your Soul
Forum Moderator
So I've never really liked Smogon much, because I've always disagreed with a lot of their tier systems in the past, and thought many of their posted builds were often bland and too uniform for practical use. For that reason, I'm not super familiar with Smogon rulesets outside of the various clauses, however, Smogon rulesets are used by the gymleaders here and I intend to defeat all of them (or all of you, depends who's reading). Would anyone be able to inform me the best way to familiarize myself with Smogon rulesets and their current tier systems?

If anyone is wondering, I much more prefer Serebii, and have been reading it as a regular blog since 2006 and have been studying stats and movesets since long before that.

Just spend lots of hours playing on Pokemon Showdown and experimenting! If you know the rules already, you just need to do some battling to become familiar with the strategies too and also get some ideas you could use yourself! And just one small thing, the gyms here don't use the exact same rules as Smogon does, so make sure you read them carefully!

Will do, thanks Tho.

I'll need you to tell mage how but i have a few genesects and melloetta shiny and normal so if anyone wants a Pokemon i have complete pokedex

"I'll need you to tell mage how," I'm not very sure what you mean by this, but the rest of that probably belongs in Nookling Junction.

P.S. Btw, @Tho, you were right, just use Showdown more, turned out I already was super familiar with all of those things.

Tell me how

How what, Lightfinder?

How to setup a trade with specific people

Look at Nookling Junction, there's a thread there listing out the rules. Read it and try your luck.

Back