SwSh Gyms are larger and gym leaders are gym masters in Sword/Sheild

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Someone took a screenshot before Nintendo of America deleted their tweet talking about how the gyms will be larger in the new Pokemon Sword & Shield games, while gym leaders will be called "gym masters".

You can see the deleted tweet below:

ioY5klX.png

This was reported by Serebii.

I wonder who let the cat out of the bag early. Or why they decided to pull back the tweet. But anyway, expect the news soon straight from Nintendo. They wrote it up to post so it's likely they'll tell us at some point, unless they changed their mind about it.

Yo this is gonna be lit! Def excited to see how the revamp and reboot the gyms. I wonder why they deleted it. Probably game freak didn’t want any new info until their next official info source.

I mean, is it really any surprise at this point? The Switch has a lot more power and resources for Pokemon to tap into than any handheld the franchise has been on in the past. It'd make sense that they would expand the gyms and showcase this early on in the game.

Size doesn't matter. It's the challenge that counts. But bigger can also mean Double, Triple, Rotation, and Inverse battles too and not just single battles and if that's the case I'm all for it. Gym Masters instead of leaders tho I'm iffy about like maybe they have Pokémon in Master Balls implying legendaries in their teams or maybe their a step above leaders and leaders will make a cameo instead of something like the PWT.

Ayy, finally something fresh and brand new! I really hope there will be double battles, at the very least. It would be a nice twist.

Gym masters just sounds more fancy/posh to me. Maybe they’ll have a Mega evolution Pokémon as their main/final party member or a Z-move being used at the last minute.

I'm curious to see what new stuff they add to these "Gym Masters". If this game has an open-world like element, they'd probably in fewer numbers, but way harder to challenge. Who knows? They might add a new mechanic for this game. But, if not, I'd love some more in-game challenge.

Back