Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
Aegislah @ quick claw
brave nature
stance change
252 atk & hp, 4 def
31)31)31)x)31)0
sacred sword, head smash, kings sheild, gyro ball

Just really want to know if this is even practical since its min speed is 54 or 55, or should I go with this setup:

jolly nature
252 spd & atk, 4 hp
change gyro ball to iron head.

Or just do an evolite doublade

Go with the first set but take out quick claw since it doesn't really make sense on your slow set. I would replace it with leftovers since it could heal passive damage while in shield forme. With aegislash slower is better, so the brave nature set works best. Eviolite Doublade works as a more defensive option if you wish to do that.

I thought quick claw gives priority randomly instead of speeding the holder up.

It does just that the chances imo are slim.
Maybe weakness policy to increase it's Attack(since he's tanky he'll take a hit or two)
Just my judgement. You could maybe try out team for a while with Aegislash and see what works best, and change whatever you don't like.

I just remembered that I already have a priority move in kings sheild, which puts it into shield forme , so just keep useing it every other turn and the opponent can't hit the not so tanky blade forme. But then they'll just use taunt or disable to stop it.:(

I just remembered that I already have a priority move in kings sheild, which puts it into shield forme , so just keep useing it every other turn and the opponent can't hit the not so tanky blade forme. But then they'll just use taunt or disable to stop it.:(

It does, but it serves no real purpose on aegislash, you want him to be slow so that you can every time you're hit you have him in shield forme to tank that hit, instead of having it where you attack first (randomly), not kill, then have to take a hit in blade forme.
It does just that the chances imo are slim.
Maybe weakness policy to increase it's Attack(since he's tanky he'll take a hit or two)
Just my judgement. You could maybe try out team for a while with Aegislash and see what works best, and change whatever you don't like.
Weakness policy is actually another good option, as most people will try to Fire blast you out, you just benefit from that hit (assuming you will be in sheild forme.)

Yeah, and, assuming it came from a fire type, head smash will just destroy it. And kings shield will put a stop to flare blitz. The only real problem is this set has no real ghost counter, but that's what other pokemon are for.

Yeah, and, assuming it came from a fire type, head smash will just destroy it. And kings shield will put a stop to flare blitz. The only real problem is this set has no real ghost counter, but that's what other pokemon are for.

Well the thing about Pokemon are that one pokemon can't always fend for itself, which is why you make teams that help each other out! ^-^

Kinda the point I made in the last sentence. Another thing that'll kill this setup is trick room. There aren't really a lot of pokemon that can cover aegislash's weaknesses and are good with trick room, except dusknoir.

Kinda the point I made in the last sentence. Another thing that'll kill this setup is trick room. There aren't really a lot of pokemon that can cover aegislash's weaknesses and are good with trick room, except dusknoir.

Back