Gen 4 Hackless Nintendo DS Online mode avaliable!

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
Reactions: Mr. Kream and Pandaxclone2
Thats really cool!

too bad I don't have a DSI anymore.

This is super cool!

They put a lot of the pokemon events on for free online though, which I'm not sure how I feel about... Events that ended years ago, usually 5+ years ago. I mean it's not a hack, but it's not how the devs intended the game to be played, and is hosted by a third party so I would def call those pokemon semi-legit at best.

Reactions: Alegria
That's amazing news! I'm glad we finally have an easier way to bring back the online play of the NDS era.
@3dsCollector : I'd have to say that any distributions done from a private or third-party server are not legit. If they can distribute any Pokémon, whether or not it's identical to a past event mon, it has the potential to devalue event Pokémon that were obtained from official events.
That being said, if somebody wants a Mew or Manaphy or what have you to finally complete their Generation IV Pokédex, or they want a red scarf Manaphy for the novelty, hacked events are fine with me. It's only in trading and competitive battling that hackmons are really a problem.

Reactions: Duffy and Zukrad
a red scarf Manaphy ??

a red scarf Manaphy ??

Red Scarf Manaphy or TRU Manaphy was one of the first event Pokémon distributed in Generation IV (to promote the Pokémon Ranger movie). It was available for only 3 hours at each location, and as a result legit TRU Manaphy are extremely rare. Of course, if you didn't attend the actual event, obtaining a non-legit hacked version of the event is rather trivial.

The only non-event way to get a Manaphy in Generation IV was to transfer the unique egg from a Pokémon Ranger game (which could only be done via Nintendo Wifi distribution). This made Manaphy one of the most difficult to obtain Pokémon in Generation IV. Since Manaphy never received a direct Wifi distribution, it was often the last one needed to complete the Pokédex.

Here's a Bulbapedia link:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/...ions_in_Generation_IV#Toys_.22R.22_Us_Manaphy

Reactions: Duffy
ok... so it's not much different from the Pokémon Ranger game one... just it has another original trainer. (but, that one wasn't via wifi, but via wireless between 2 Nintendo DS consoles)

Now that is awesome. :eek:

I totally need to do this, ASAP. As long as I can find my old DS, lol. This is actually a super neat piece of information. How did anyone even figure this out? :0

Back