Happy 7th Birthday 3DS!

• Thread starter Kirby of Green Greens
  • Start date
Kirby of Green Greens

Kirby of Green Greens

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
7 years ago today, the 3DS was launched in Japan, for ¥25,000. Even though the 3DS is 7/6 years old, the console is not showing any age, and it's safe to say the 3DS is not going anywhere soon.

Reactions: Duffy and pokerus
Yay! Happy Birthday, 3DS! I love the 3DS so much, it's probably the best gaming system I've ever had, even including the Switch. I never cared much for the 3D part of the 3DS but it has such a vast library of games that anyone can enjoy.

Happy Birthday 3ds! What a great piece of technology!

I'm pretty sure that it was showing it's age a long long time ago. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my 3ds. I've bought many of the different console refreshes, like the "NEW" 3DSi XL & Knuckles, but it's hardware it really rather old. It is already struggling to run some of the most popular game on it like Poke S/M and US/UM. Not to mention that major and minor releases have been slowing way down, and Nintendo is hardly even talking about it anymore, despite their promises to keep it alive. I'm pretty confident that the 3ds isn't going to get too many games released for it anymore. I'll still love it forever though. Once Pokemon on Switch comes out, that will be the final nail in the coffin for 3ds.

Reactions: Mikaya and Duffy
Yeah it is good, but I wonder why older hand halds didn't last that long.

Reactions: Duffy
Wow, I have no idea 3DS has been around for 7 years now, and I'm glad to see that 3DS is still at it, even though I think some may shift to the Switch as time goes on. But still, 3DS does deliver several nice games from Disney Magical World, Kirby, Pokémon and even Moco Moco Friends among others.

I hope 3DS would still stay alongside the Switch for years to come.

Reactions: Kirby of Green Greens
I can't believe it has been 7 years already for the 3DS. I had one since US launch day and used the thing way too many times to count. Made so many great memories with the pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Animal Crossing and all the RPG games I have for the system. Even though I want all new games to be on the Switch I'm glad I got to play on the 3DS and hope it serves others as well as it did for me.

Definitely still have plenty of days of gameplay left in my 3ds. (especially when i get some of the rpgs that look really good) i like that the 2ds exists so there is an extremely cheap way to get into this huge pile of 3ds games, as well as original ds games! If the 2ds had gba functionality it would be the ultimate portable gaming deal for Nintendo.

Back