Happy Birthday, Wii U.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

It officially has been twelve months have passed since the Wii U has been launched (North American that is).

We've had some amazing games, like Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, and there are more delights on the way in the form of Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii U).

However, the machine's commercial fortunes have been pretty dismal, especially when compared to the original Wii-But hardware sales figures are just one side of the coin — we're sure that just like us, many of you will feel that the Wii U has delivered on its promise and has provided you with months of top-notch entertainment.

So what do you think about the Wii U sales in year? Do you think we will have a much better sales record when the Wii U will be two years old? Are you happy that the Wii U was announced directly one year ago?

Happy Birthday to the Nintendo Wii U
wii%20u%2011%20jan_enl.jpg

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Did you make that cake? It looks awesome. And Happy Birthday ^_^. I got my Wii U 1 month after it's release, and it's awesome, more people should buy it.

Did you make that cake? It looks awesome. And Happy Birthday ^_^. I got my Wii U 1 month after it's release, and it's awesome, more people should buy it.
Nah I didn't make that cake (I wish) but I agree more people should buy it, I would, but I need my 3DS first xD.

That cake is from a Dubai hotel...
I don't know more actually...

The Wii U is a magnificent console that will be doing well in the near future. Happy birthday, Wii U! I'm glad I got you on launch day. :D

Reactions: Reece
The Wii U is a magnificent console that will be doing well in the near future. Happy birthday, Wii U! I'm glad I got you on launch day. :D
You got it on launch day :eek:, go give your Wii U a big hug.

Wii U will definitely be doing well in the future now that Nintendo is publishing a lot more games for it. With things like Smash Bros. 4, it's definitely going to be a big hit!

Wii U will definitely be doing well in the future now that Nintendo is publishing a lot more games for it. With things like Smash Bros. 4, it's definitely going to be a big hit!
I agree Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4, the sales will skyrocket.

Well, I bet you played a lot Nintendo Land at launch :D

Well, I bet you played a lot Nintendo Land at launch :D
I actually did! My goal was to get all the achievements in the game, but then I gave up on the goal after playing in the Takamaru's Ninja Castle attraction...

Happy birthday wii u I know u gonna have lots of cool games and that cake is soo cool and by the way I already bought you on Christmas after you came out :D

I actually did! My goal was to get all the achievements in the game, but then I gave up on the goal after playing in the Takamaru's Ninja Castle attraction...
What did you think of the Zelda section of Nintendo Land? Is it true that the motion controls were much more improved with that game and not so much pre-set?

What did you think of the Zelda section of Nintendo Land? Is it true that the motion controls were much more improved with that game and not so much pre-set?
The Zelda game was cool. I didn't really play it a lot, though. I mostly played Captain Flacon's Twister Race and Balloon Trip Breeze.

The Zelda game was cool. I didn't really play it a lot, though. I mostly played Captain Flacon's Twister Race and Balloon Trip Breeze.
CAPTAIN FALCON HAD A GAME?!? OMG lol what's it like? A racing game? My Nintendo Land knowledge is a bit limited tbh

CAPTAIN FALCON HAD A GAME?!? OMG lol what's it like? A racing game? My Nintendo Land knowledge is a bit limited tbh
Yeah, haha. The game is pretty cool, though, the F-Zero that you're in is really slow. It's still cool, though, I loved the remixed F-Zero music in the game.

Yeah, haha. The game is pretty cool, though, the F-Zero that you're in is really slow. It's still cool, though, I loved the remixed F-Zero music in the game.
REMIXED F-ZERO MUSIC? yup, that game is definitely epic then :p Sounds like a cool minigame (see, now if only Wii Sports was like that in its minigames xD)

funny enough, gamecube and Game boy color share the same North America release date.

Anyways, it had a very slow start but should pick up now.

funny enough, gamecube and Game boy color share the same North America release date.

Anyways, it had a very slow start but should pick up now.
I know, I have faith that the sales will boost now since Super Mario 3D World was released and the soon to be Mario Kart 8/Super Smash Bros. 4, and I bet their will be a few interesting released down the road :)

I know, I have faith that the sales will boost now since Super Mario 3D World was released and the soon to be Mario Kart 8/Super Smash Bros. 4, and I bet their will be a few interesting released down the road :)
If they make a new Pokemon Coliseum, that'll only serve to boost the sales even more. I bet there's a ton they're waiting to show us at E3 2014

Back