Hard times

• Thread starter GFox247
  • Start date
GFox247

GFox247

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Why does the Wii U get such a bad reputation. I finally bit the bullet the other day and bought one and so far I absolutely love it. blown away by the graphics of Mario Kart 8 and having so much fun with Mario Maker. Blew my mind when i found out i could control my TV with the gamepad haha. Anybody else think too many people are giving the Wii U a hard time?

Reactions: Kakea
It had such a bad reputation because of how they marketed it. What I mean is that at launch, they had few online games, few launch titles, and did a bad job at advertising. People have just assumed it's the original Wii with just a new controller but those people are wrong. I do enjoy the Wii u but they don't have many online games compared to PS4 and XboxOne

Agreed! and Its very doubtful we will see many more online games coming with the NX launch rapidly heading towards us

Unless Nintendo can pick up there slack and have a few decent games they won't do so well release month. However, if they can advertise, allow for reverse compatibility, and not just kill off the previous systems, it will work well

The New Zelda alone will sell a good amount of consoles. lets hope they do have backwards compatibility, I heard the W

Wii U doesnt play GC games. thats a shame

Last edited by a moderator:
Well gamecube games are obsolete, so it make perfect sense for me to have gotten rid of gc compatibility. this is where the eshop fails to deliver. Great hd or virtual console gc games can be placed on here for a good 30 bucks a piece

Another thing I recently found out. The GameCube controller adapter does not work on the Wii channel that is on the Wii u ;-; I was forced to play brawl with Wii mote... Not fun

Reactions: 3905
Another thing I recently found out. The GameCube controller adapter does not work on the Wii channel that is on the Wii u ;-; I was forced to play brawl with Wii mote... Not fun
Just as a side note, the gamecube adapter for wii u could have compatibility for possible future gc game releases.
I did not know that by the way :0

I doubt that they will actually do that sadly. One can hope

Reactions: sonicandres1
Just as a side note, the gamecube adapter for wii u could have compatibility for possible future gc game releases.
I did not know that by the way :0
They said that with the Wii, GameCube got shut down though

They said that with the Wii, GameCube got shut down though
Oh I see what you mean. Well, maybe it should include compatibility in a future system update or something, if its possible. I wonder why the gamecube adapter is only usable in smash, it has a good potential to be used. Such a shame if you ask me.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
The main reason why the Wii U is not getting good Rep is..
  • Advertising
This may be the single most obvious reason why imo. They launched the system and barely anyone knew what it was, and they didn't really try making the thing appeal to the market. I don't think it was until they added games like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 that sales started picking up, and then skyrocketed with SSB4.

That just flat out sucks. I was planning on using my Wii U for Project M xD
Looks like that's out of the question >.>

Reactions: 423, BlazingPhoenix and Slayerpon Tatsu
Double Yoshi Exploshi was a cute Wooly World Commercial Ad. xD

By now, Nintendo can only rely on upcoming games if they want any more sales out of the Wii U, because their method of advertising wasn't enticing and enlightening enough to make people want to buy the console. Hopefully the NX will get the Wii U out of its hard times... somehow.

Double Yoshi Exploshi was a cute Wooly World Commercial Ad. xD

By now, Nintendo can only rely on upcoming games if they want any more sales out of the Wii U, because their method of advertising wasn't enticing and enlightening enough to make people want to buy the console. Hopefully the NX will get the Wii U out of its hard times... somehow.
Maybe star fox and Zelda u can pull them out but it's gonna be a tough one

Reactions: GFox247
already have my Star Fox pre-ordered. not ordering Zelda until we get a release date though

already have my Star Fox pre-ordered. not ordering Zelda until we get a release date though
Agreed. I'm ready for those games

I agree people are giving it a hard time because Nintendo has realesed amazing games such as Super Mario maker, splatoon, and Super smash bros so people should throwing hate and see what it has to offer. Even though most of the hate comes from bad cheesy advertisements such as the your a squid, your a kid meme that is over a year old by far, and the cheesiest smash bros ad in history, but despite that I think the Wii U is good though I wish certain DS games were In the eshop such as rhythm heaven for DS. Then I would be absolutely sold.

Reactions: Kakea
Back