Hardest 3DS game?

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
Which is the hardest 3DS game you've ever played?
I think the toughest I've ever played is insanity +mode of Fire Emblem Awakening. That was pure hell.

Personally, I'm finding Shinobi to be very tough. Great game but tough, the easy/medium difficulty setting is an intense test in itself.

I want to say SMTDSO as the next hardest KI:U was easier as it was more of a 3D platformer shooter and those can only get so hard, however in SMT it is the thinking of a strategy that is more of the trouble and those are less obvious solutions than in KI:U where it is avoiding lasers and shooting things.

If you want top play a game which will make you want to break the top screen of the 3DS, play BIT.TRIP.SAGA. Specially the Runner game in that. I am not responsible if you snap your 3DS in half, though :p

Although, I have only a few 3DS games, I'd like to say 1001 Spikes is the hardest 3DS game I ever played. It's pretty challenging, and I died constantly in the game from spikes, enemies, etc. Although, the game is fun, it's so intense that you could literally break your 3DS in half just to calm down your anger.

For me, side-scrolling games are the most difficult in term of how many death happening to you (not that SMT or EO series are less difficult - yes, I died so many times).
But playing Cave Story and Yumi's Odd Odyssey feels so hard yet beatable. Well of course, since the dev have must beaten it first before releasing it. Well, endurance.

Reactions: 18
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. This is game has been really tough for me. I don't know if it's actually really hard or I'm just not cut out for something like this.

I was going to say "VVVVVV", then realized how forgiving it is. So, my vote goes to... uhm... Fire Emblem Awakening? By that I mean the Lunatic+ difficulty and higher.

For me, side-scrolling games are the most difficult in term of how many death happening to you (not that SMT or EO series are less difficult - yes, I died so many times).
But playing Cave Story and Yumi's Odd Odyssey feels so hard yet beatable. Well of course, since the dev have must beaten it first before releasing it. Well, endurance.
I really relate to this. Each time I die in games like Cave Story (3DS version) or Bloody Vampire (an excellent, underrated 3DS game that I would recommend to you in particular, dwikrid-san :) ) or any other side scroller I think, "That was just a mistake on my part. Let's try again." So yeah, it really does feel hard-yet-beatable, somewhat frustrating yet not too frustrating :panda:

Reactions: dwikrid
For me, it has to be Ocarina of Time 3D (Water Temple) or Fire Emblem Awakening. Although I haven't unlocked Lunatic yet, I know how hard it is based on the demo. I couldn't even get past the second level without losing half my characters. Monster Hunter is also challenging, especially some of the G-Rank monsters.

I really relate to this. Each time I die in games like Cave Story (3DS version) or Bloody Vampire (an excellent, underrated 3DS game that I would recommend to you in particular, dwikrid-san :) ) or any other side scroller I think, "That was just a mistake on my part. Let's try again." So yeah, it really does feel hard-yet-beatable, somewhat frustrating yet not too frustrating :panda:
I will check out that game soon.
Yeah, the last time I played Megaman Zero, I was stuck in the last, final stage thas has no checkpoint after all so it's horribly difficult to defeat Four Guardian in a row without losing a life or two... Or all >,<

Fire Emblem Awakening on Lunatic and Casual is extremely hard. On Classic..... Well, let's not talk about that :p I always thought Kid Icarus Uprising was quite difficult, to me at least. And let's not forget the 8-bit games, as we are unaccustomed to them since we're so familiar with modern games :p

Reactions: dwikrid
Lunatic mode in fire emblem was basically use any cheap tricks you can to win. Got boring and annoying. Hard and classic was tough enough for me.
Kid Icarus uprising was pretty tough at intensity 9, but if you fused good weapons (especially +6defense artillery claws) it became possible. The only level that was really hard was that level where you play as magnus. That was just impossible.

Reactions: Artisan
Bleach Dark Souls for ds when playing the story mode in hard level and while going up against characters like aizen and gin as well as many others.Plus it is also hard to unlock the other players which some of which you have to get 100 percent in story mode b and so.

Rune Factory 4 is also hard (if you are not well-trained). I set the difficulty to the easiest level but I still died in the boss fight :(
And yes, Fire Emblem, the Hard mode is hard enough for me even for the first few stage.

I actually only have 4 games so I cannot really say as you cannot describe Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon as hard to play :D

I second your remark to Fire Embled: Awakening on Lunatic/Classic. I couldn't even get off the prologue!

Probably Kid Icarus: Uprising - most of the time I didn't know where to go next, the game seemed complicated and I didn't really progress that much. That's part of the reason I didn't like the game. The controls are pretty hard to get used to as well.

Probably Kid Icarus: Uprising - most of the time I didn't know where to go next, the game seemed complicated and I didn't really progress that much. That's part of the reason I didn't like the game. The controls are pretty hard to get used to as well.
I can agree with the controls but seriously you think it's hard to navigate? That's a first. Usually levels are pretty linear and if you can't progress you have to defeat all the enemies. That is understandable though to not like the game or think it's hard because of it. My only complaint in the game is because you can only see what your camera is on you get damaged by stuff you cannot see or cannot help to see half the time. Using clubs in the story mode and challenges also suck.

Reactions: Mikaya
Lol yeah, clubs sucked

Back