Harvest December (Visual Novel) coming to the West

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm glad more 3DS games are coming to the West. Looks like Harvest December is one of them since Circle Entertainment tweeted that they found a translator.

See tweet - https://twitter.com/CIRCLE_Ent/status/450878069608169472

The game is basically a romance visual novel if you're wondering. See its trailer below :

It's cheap too in Japan (100 yen = $1 US), but I've read that the game has thirteen chapters so I'm guessing each chapter will cost a certain price. See a description of the game below (by digitaljournal)
digitaljournal.com said:
This is a romance story that centers on high school student Masaki Konno. Being born in the city, Konno is in for a surprise as he ends up having to move from the city to a rural town. However, things aren't that bad as he encounters two females that grab his attention. One female is a goddess, possibly an Ainu goddess from her appearance, named Shiro. The other female is the daughter of one of the town's local politicians.
Are you guys looking forward to Harvest December?

Nice! I actually interviewed CIRCLE's CEO not more than a couple weeks ago and this is what he said, roughly translated ...

PN: So what’s next for Circle Entertainment? What games should we be keeping an eye on in 2014?

I think you won’t expect the Harvest December novel series right? :) We’ve released this series every month, and some players have asked us to bring it into Western, but we are still not confirming this yet. The development schedule depends on the schedule of the translator.

I'm glad they sorted out the translation issues! I like the idea behind visual novels, so I'll definitely keep these on my radar.

Reactions: Marc
so ... theres not gonna be any actual game play ? so its just gonna be a story but on 3ds ? I'm not getting it :p
id just read the story on manga rock :p

Yeah, a simple VN would be a read-only, linear story. It could have branches, too, or even more complicated system like Steins;Gate, for example, or Zero Escape series (bounded with puzzles). Of course, VN is not for everyone ;)

I've never played/experienced a visual novel game before, maybe I had, but I don't recall. I'm not a huge fan of romance based anything, but it looks interesting. I'll keep a look out for more info on this visual novel, it seems interesting!

Back