Has Anyone Seen Detective Pikachu (No Spoilers Please)?

• Thread starter BeastMode
  • Start date
BeastMode

BeastMode

The Ultimate Gamer
Towns Folk
Has anyone seen Detective Pikachu? If so, PLEASE NO SPOILERS, but was it any good? I’ve heard it’s good and I wanna see it, but I’m kind of reluctant to because of the design. (Just answer yes or no to this question. No real explanation needed, as I haven’t seen it yet and I’m sure MANY others haven’t either. So please no spoilers.) Do the designs have anything to do with the plot? I heard you get special, limited edition Pokémon cards for free per ticket. Can anyone that saw it confirm this for me please, as I might go just for the cards? And if so, are the cards worth it, and how many do you get? Thanks for anyone who replies!

Two cards, kids might like it, but I disliked how every character was based on a trope from another series, and spoiler, Mr. Mime is the only original character, but he's based on himself.

Nah, I haven’t seen it yet. I was planning to watch it with a friend a few weeks back, but he had other plans, so I kinda dropped the plan for the time being. I’ll most likely see it sometime while it’s in theaters, but if not, then I’m obviously going to rent it from someplace, because dang, this movie looks really good.

It's worth watching, more so if you're a Pokemon fan. If nothing else, the world that was constructed in the movie looks gorgeous and the Pokemon for the most part (only a couple that stick out as odd) fit right in. The plot also surprised me in spite of its simplistic nature, though how it did that I'll leave for you to find out.

i saw it and i liked it,

Back