Has the N3DS sold well?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Do you think the New Nintendo 3DS has sold a lot of units? were many people encouraged to buy this 'upgraded' 3DS? or do you think sales could be way better? perhaps many gamers stuck with their trusty 3DS/3DS XL and avoided purchasing Nintendo's latest handheld with 'improved' features. :p

Well to date as of about a month ago Nintendo has sold 15 million units in the ds family, that number is slightly misleading however because to be honest the original ds has sold more than 150 million units. Now that doesent say that they aren't doing well, to be honest the original ds came out a long time ago when no one belived that mobile gaming could be a thing yet. It is safe to say that mobile gaming boomed from the original ds. 15 million units isn't bad though, honestly I don't think they have sold so many because of the economy. I for one will be buying a new 3ds and keeping my old one when I have the money.

Reactions: Mikaya
Do you think the New Nintendo 3DS has sold a lot of units? were many people encouraged to buy this 'upgraded' 3DS? or do you think sales could be way better? perhaps many gamers stuck with their trusty 3DS/3DS XL and avoided purchasing Nintendo's latest handheld with 'improved' features. :p
I sincerely doubt it has sold well. For starters the name is downright terrible. 'New' 3DS? Really?? Secondly, though it does sport some new features it really feel like just an upgraded version of the 3DS, not really worth the upgrade. Lastly I believe they release it too shortly after the 3DS gained popularity so most people already had a new 3DS and didn't really need a New 3DS. (See what I mean; the name is terrible.)

Reactions: Mikaya
I don't know honestly I speak for everyone, but it might have done well or better if they waited to release it.

But like I said I speak for everyone I know when I heard about the new features I wished I had it. So for those who saw the new features probably went and updated to the new one.

I believe that it has sold very well. I can see why people wouldn't upgrade tho. But I swear if Nintendo continues there horrible trend of killing the outdated version and forcing gamers to upgrade to the newest version, I'll be livid

I don't think the New 3DS has sold very well. I mean it didn't sell poorly, but it didn't really sell that well. There isn't really a reason where you HAVE to get it currently. The only reason would be for Xenoblade Chronicles. There is no other first party game that would be a system seller for it. I myself have not gotten one yet (I want to because I want another 3ds in general for animal crossing) but my dad won't let me because at this point, there isn't a significant reason to upgrade yet.

Honestly I keep forgetting the New 3DS is even a thing. I would definitely get it if my 3DS XL were to kick the bucket on me... but unless that happens I have no reason to. I like the 3D just fine on my current XL, and I have no need for a second joystick at the moment. It isn't a significant upgrade like how the DSi was over the DS Lite, for example.

The only reasons I got the new 3ds xl are the following:
better smash load times
amiibo functions
xenoblade chronicles 3d
That's about it lol...... Not to say it didnt sell well, but I thought it just did not make a huge improvement.

The New Nintendo 3DS has sold pretty well so far, I believe... for an extension to the 3ds family. It hasn't sold nearly as well as the 3DS XL or 2DS, let alone DSi or DSi XL, however I think it has sold a few million units worldwide which is definitely a good boost to the 3DS family lifetime sales. It definitely helped.

Do I want or need one? Definitely not, there's little point.. But it's definitely a good upgrade to get if my 3DS was to break, plus all limited edition consoles are N3DS' now, so they add to the N3DS sales as well.

I think the 2ds sold well because at the cheap price and i'm not sure but I think the new Nintendo 3ds sold least because fast release after :thumbsup:
The only reasons I got the new 3ds xl are the following:
better smash load times
amiibo functions
xenoblade chronicles 3d
That's about it lol...... Not to say it didnt sell well, but I thought it just did not make a huge improvement.
Same but I got normal size because of cover plates

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the 2ds sold well because at the cheap price and i'm not sure but I think the new Nintendo 3ds sold least because fast release after :thumbsup:

Same but I got normal size because of cover plates
Lucky! I wanted the new one but by the time I got the n3dsxl, the one with faceplates got released just 2 months afterwards. I can't believe it...

I think that in my personal opinion that the new Nintendo 3ds XL sales should be MUCH better than the 3ds XL. Just give it time, he 3ds XL had years to build up sales, and the new Nintendo 3ds XL is like what, 1 year old now? maybe 2, i have lost track. I wish i could get it, but unfortunately i bought another 3ds XL only a WEEK before the new Nintendo 3ds XL was released to a local store near me. Until this 3ds XL has problems, im keeping it. By that time, the Nintendo NX will probably be released, and if it's mobile i will just get that. Hopefully it's not too long, since in the 2 years or 1 year(Like i said, i have lost track) I have owned my 3ds XL, i have never even dropped it once.

I dont think the N3DSXL sold much since the 3ds was released around 2011 and the 3ds xl was released in 2013 and then the New 3ds xl came out in 2015 sadly the N3DS didn't make it to the U.S. idk why ,but Nintendo just released special edition titles to the North America which was pretty unfair because the Pokémon 20th Anniversary was available for a limited time and they started to go up in places like Amazon and EBay and I think Nintendo should of released more colors for the North American and N3dses.

I am not a person who is willing to buy an upgraded versión of a console. Actually, when I first knew about the new nintendo 3ds I was kind of upset, I started thinking that owners of the old versions would be left aside because of exclusive content. Luckily, that exclusive content nintendo offered to the new system was not of my interest and son I forgot about the improved versión of it. In terms of numbers I don´t know, I bet there are plenty of people who bought it even though they already had the old one, I don´t blame them, the system is faster and improved in some ways.

Back